The Lightning owners "Hit List"

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Well I got to thinking the other day about the races that I'd like to eventually see at the track with my L. So far I've come up with the following:

Ram SRT-10
Jeep SRT-8
TBSS
1500 SS (hey, everyone needs an easy one)
Gen1 L
Typhoon/Syclone

As you can see, I'm trying to go for an equal footing feeling, obviously I could list vettes/cobras/camaros/etc but that's not where I was trying to go with it. Anyone else have any good ideas?

Dusten

Established Member
I also like to pick on 2v mustangs, some 3v mustangs, anything that is new with an owner that thinks its fast.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
They lied about the XRunners.

I ran one back before I had a 6lb lower and it was bad, he had the TRD blower kit, he still lives around here but I hardly ever see him.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
never ran any of those actually... just dont see them enough. Raced my friends built Cobra last night though, that was a good race.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
When i had my truck, with a 6# lower, i couldnt get any of the Silvy SS's to play!! They probably heard that i whipped the shit out of an SRT10 a couple times and knew better.

There was a guy out here that would try to pick on 2v stangs all the time, with his blown standard cab, short bed chevy. He was afraid of Lightnings, especially mine and it wasnt all that fast (high 12s i think)

Dusten

Established Member
When i had my truck, with a 6# lower, i couldnt get any of the Silvy SS's to play!! They probably heard that i whipped the shit out of an SRT10 a couple times and knew better.

There was a guy out here that would try to pick on 2v stangs all the time, with his blown standard cab, short bed chevy. He was afraid of Lightnings, especially mine and it wasnt all that fast (high 12s i think)

Back when i was a recruiter, the small town i lived in was full of kids with "fast cars" and at least once a week a buddy would call me to race something. PRetty bad when a tuned, pullied L was considered a street terror.
Their definition of fast was a turbo rsx, turbo civic, turbo 240sx(cheap turbo kits mind you), stock srt-4, stock lightning...

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I've seen every vehicle on my list within 2 miles of my house within the past year. There is a red SRT-10 Ram SC that is begging for an ass whipping based SOLELY on the shitty sound of that exhaust.

Dusten

Established Member
I've seen every vehicle on my list within 2 miles of my house within the past year. There is a red SRT-10 Ram SC that is begging for an ass whipping based SOLELY on the shitty sound of that exhaust.

I ran into one on the freeway the otherday. to bad we were stuck in traffic. My buddy is buying one while I am gone on this deployment, so I should have some good ass raping videos when I get back, and get my new tranny installed

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive raced all of those and beaten them except for the syty and srt10 because they never race them.

I enjoy picking on sports cars more anyways.

MJG

Established Member
Cobalt SS (staged ones, not stock)
Dodge Daytonas (simply for the fact they think they're quick)
Subby STI imprezzas, WRX etc (great race a few years ago for me with 4# and tune, came out 2 lengths ahead, he was tuned etc)
VETTES, oh god yes - can be a toss up, get murdered or surprise the hell outta someone
Dakota 5.9 R/T - few one them drive around here, friend had one, did a whole bunch of work to his, thought it was fast until he ran into my 4# years ago too

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Cobalt SS (staged ones, not stock)
Dodge Daytonas (simply for the fact they think they're quick)
Subby STI imprezzas, WRX etc (great race a few years ago for me with 4# and tune, came out 2 lengths ahead, he was tuned etc)
VETTES, oh god yes - can be a toss up, get murdered or surprise the hell outta someone
Dakota 5.9 R/T - few one them drive around here, friend had one, did a whole bunch of work to his, thought it was fast until he ran into my 4# years ago too

That's a solid edition to the list. I was the passenger in a race between my buddies intake/LTs/exhaust 97 cobra vs a random 5.9 RT Dakota many years ago in Ocean City MD. It moved out ok for 2004 standards.

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
6.1L SRT Challenger
New Body Style GTO
F-150 NITEMARE
Ranger Lightning Bolt

chrisheltra

Established Member
My favorite kills. Both cars should have easily beat me but sometimes thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Highly modified
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077YiQVHgAg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Grand National vs Lightning[/nomedia]

Procharger onboard
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY88Fyr-4b8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Vette&Lightning (2).mpg[/nomedia]

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
Cobalt SS (staged ones, not stock) Why does EVERY Cobalt SS owner think his car is UBER FAST??

Subby STI imprezzas, WRX etc (great race a few years ago for me with 4# and tune, came out 2 lengths ahead, he was tuned etc) My "L" with the stock pulley, cold air, hi-flo's and Bassani has beaten up on a few modded ones..
VETTES, oh god yes - can be a toss up, get murdered or surprise the hell outta someone Yes, so true! Nothing is more priceless than a VETTE driver watching you go right by him with a farm truck!!
Dakota 5.9 R/T - few one them drive around here, friend had one, did a whole bunch of work to his, thought it was fast until he ran into my 4# years ago tooThe few R/T's I have raced here I have absolutely destroyed??

I love how EVERY Charger, 300, Challenger, etc with the vaulter "HEMI" think they they just bought a jet engine??:nono::nono:

And how can I forget SRT-4's? The Skittle owner is a totally different breed!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread