The lightning is off to her new home...

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
It has yet to sink in, the gravity of selling the truck I bought new loved, and sheltered for over 8 years. She is going to a great home in TX . Robbie (slingshot)
Is getting one heck of a truck, I know ill never forget her. :beer:

121909_1039a.jpg

decmeet1.jpg

Sent from my EVO LTE

Jroc

Established Member
Sucks. Hate to hear it.

People highly unappreciated how good a all around 1/2 ton truck at doing everything from play to work a Lightning really is. For a 2wd truck It doesn't compromise much other than passenger space.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
It still breaks my heart, but I drive too much be it the 20 miles each way to work, or 1100 miles to my little sisters in Denver. The lightning was perfect for me. I always joke its the most practical sports car ever made. My bed was setup to be like a big trunk and it made it even better.
The $100 a tank to fill it got old these past few years and Kansas' requirement to use additional ethanol as an octane booster has really killed my mileage( in CO and on Co gas back in KS my range went from 14-15 to 17-18 (19 once)
I believe they are one of the if not best truck from the late 90's to today.
I'm happy she'll be in a good home who'll take care oh her. I just need to orginize my cars, the lady has the edge and I've got the '82 F100, formerly the '04 Lightning and now the BMW M. Which compared to my Ford's is a overpriced gocart that I've allready sunk about 5k into the clutch, dualmass flywheel, hydraulic cluck master and slave cylinder failures.. it gets good millage and is sound now but I feel its just a appetizer before I just get another Ford.
Sent from my EVO LTE

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
I bought my L from a guy that had bought his on the showroom and took very good care of her. His wife was pregnant with thier second child and he had to sell one of his toys. He chose the L over the fox body that shared the garage. When all the paperwork was handled and I was about to drive off in my new truck, he told me he was probably going to go inside and cry. Now that I have owned and loved her for two years, I appreaciate how much care he gave her, and his comment about crying.

2001 SVT Lightning
#2173 Brilliant Silver

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Im not sure I regret selling mine, But i sure do miss it. Even though I never drove it alot since our move to the midwest. I miss walking out to the garage and seeing all that work sitting there. However still making the payment sucked, and seeing my daughter made it easier.

But learning that it was totalled was heartbreaking

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Part of the reason I wanted to sell my truck to someone out of state was that I'd never really have to worry about it, and I could remember her as I had her. I made sure not to sell her to someone who I thought would kill themselves. Robbie, the fellow who bought her has had several nice cars that were well kept so she's going to a good home. Hearing your truck was to totaled makes me a bit sick to my stomach.
It's a weird feeling after having her 8+ years, I keep slipping up when quick cars are around going "If I were only in My Lightning..."
I still have a professional sketch of an '04 lightning hanging above my bed and I plan on keeping it there, I'm just thankfull I was lucky enough to have one of those beautiful trucks to call my own. I'll always feel like a lightning owner, it's just garraged a few states away now. :beer:

bushmaster3000

Established Member
Man sorry to hear, but at least its going to someone who will enjoy it. Spread the enjoyment :D. This is my favorite color in the lightnings...and that bed cover is pretty bada$$. She's not gone, just moved ;D

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
It's been 5 years since I sold mine and I still miss it, I see it from time to time and if I ever see it for sale I will buy it back.

slingshot

Established Member
Thanks so much Jason (L8APEX) for creating and maintaining such an awesome truck. It truly was 'exactly what I was looking for'. I did not want a built-motor monster, did not want a truck that had the snot beat out of it by a procession of owners, did want an '03 or '04 (heads) with low miles and clean history--the fact it was my favorite color and had the Speedstur cover was icing on the cake. This truck was all of that and when it arrived it was even nicer than advertised... Thanks again Jason.
It will be garaged nightly in a 60x40 insulated shop sitting next to a '07 Tige wakeboard boat and a 1960 Corvette convertible. It will never be smoked or eaten in. It will stay waxed and clean and maintained impeccably.
Had the side windows lightly tinted today, stereo system is under construction as we speak and should be installed next week--JVC head unit, 200 and 400 watt Kicker amps, 4 Rockford Fosgate 6x8 2 ways and 2 12" Kicker subs in a custom enclosure. JLP or Woodbine email tune will go in the next couple of weeks--will then datalog and adjust accordingly. Love this truck...

Users who are viewing this thread