"The Lightning is another Phord faker"

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86492&page=1&pp=12&highlight=start

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD, its very interesting.

Not sure if this should be in smackdown, but its regarding the "L". I find this thread at the mopar forums to be very disrespectful to ford,svt, and all lightning owners. I have really never heard any L owner talk bad about the SRT-10 except for "Best bang for you buck." It seems that most these mopar owners dont even own a SRT-10 and they start talking trash about the L.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Just ignore those idiots. Anyone that would spend $53,000 on a srt10 and still get smoked by a lightning isn't necessarily the "Sharpest tool in the shed"

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I didnt mean to start anything, or have any member to go there and say something. I just wanted to show everyone why svt is the brighest bulb in the box.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
I always love it when a guy says how he knows how bad Fords suck because he has an '85 LTD that leaks oil.....WTF? First off, what does a 1985 vehicle have in common with a new one? Second, I don't think Dodge made anything in '85 that still runs at all!

Lightning28307

Established Member
hey easy,

I am gonna get right out and buy a dakota quad cab and try it to get these hard as numbers

2000 Sport Dakota Quad Cab - 4560lbs
5.9L w/3.55 Sure Grip and 4 speed Auto
JBA Headers
Mopar PCM
Ported Throttle Body
Flowmaster 2.5" duals
3923 Autolite Plugs
180° Stat
Best of 18.1 MPG
Best 1/4 mile: 14. [email protected]

what kinda ass clown ports his throttle body?(BUY a better one)

What kinda ass clown braggs about running a 14.951(I think my truck does that in reverse)

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Originally posted by Lightning28307
What kinda ass clown braggs about running a 14.951(I think my truck does that in reverse)

The same ones who still argue even after given facts about performance vs. affordability.
I laugh when reading crap like that.....if they really wanted performance, they'd pay for it....not talk shit over a vehicle they don't even own.

The real definition of stupid is when you intentionally refuse to acknowledge what most people would call "obvious".....they are not only slow, they're slow learners, too.

Last edited:

lightningRED

Established Member
Who really care's what someone else says anyways. From what i've heard from a friend of my business partner who works for ford special projects, the next lightning may be a V10. He says we will all be very happy!:D

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
V10 Lightning! Wow, that will be cool. I don't know though, if its a good or bad thing that I have plenty of time to save up...

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by superlftman
http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86492&page=1&pp=12&highlight=start

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD, its very interesting.

Not sure if this should be in smackdown, but its regarding the "L". I find this thread at the mopar forums to be very disrespectful to ford,svt, and all lightning owners. I have really never heard any L owner talk bad about the SRT-10 except for "Best bang for you buck." It seems that most these mopar owners dont even own a SRT-10 and they start talking trash about the L.

that was the same point i was going to make....how do all of these mopars guys talk trash when none of them can afford the truck that their defending?!?!? :shrug:

RedFire2003

Established Member
Idiots thats all I can say. I would love to run one of these guys in my L. Im making close to 500crank hp and its reliable as ever!

02lightning

Established Member
dodge people are hilarious i had a dakota owner come up to me at starbucks and tell me he had never thought about buying one but now wishes he did. he even said he overpaid for his truck too. people just like to stick to their car maker preference i guess and some take it more seriously then others. rediculous is all i can say

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Ugh I can't stand people that that. Sure my mom drives a Dodge, its slow as hell and expensive at that. We've had it for a little over 3 years, and have put 5,000 to keep the thing running. And for a guy who doesn't even own a fast car/truck he has no place to be talking about anyone car/truck on any basis. So hes mad that he can't afford a huge truck with a huge engine so he bashes on other peoples. Im over this, it gave my night a bitter turn :-(. Hope that assclown will relize that a hemi or SS will ever compair stock to stock with the L.

:rockon:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Same here. I have a buddy whom has a stock R/T Dakota and i burn him badly. He paid around $22,000(worth about $13,000 now) new for this truck that get's on a good day 11 MPG and it burns his a$$ badly when i smoke him and get 15-17MPG. He told me, "Man, should have just bought a Lightning" but he was mad cause i got one first.

:lol::lol::lol:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
BTW, the SRT-10 has the fastest truck record comments are getting old. Should we remind the tards that we have a 4 speed AOD or do they know? Can someone correct me here.....if the L came with a 6sp, would it run faster than 148ish? And exactly how many races have ya been in that 150 was the deciding factor in WHO WON THAT RACE???

I went to the site, i read everything....i'm tired now and it made me sleepy!!

Just to let ya know though. My 99 is basically stock and is the slowest of all the 2nd gen L's to be offered. And i walk all over a HEMI Ram also.

redz_02

Established Member
how the hell are they going to compare jack princes cummins dually to a lightning. It runs 11's and everything on that truck is aftermarket including the turbos. He lives around the corner from me, and believe me he knows his desiels, that vid was at San Antonio race way. His dually is about the equivalent of JLP's lightning in cost.

Not going to even try this, expecially the guy claiming "beener" and i's got's me a carb.

The guy was called out and he denied and still won't put his tail inbetween his legs and he is freaking 46.

I have more common sence at 24.

I will take my .3 slower 27,000 dollar truck ahead of a 46,000 (5,000 rarity markup) truck that gets 9 miles a gallon with a six speed. It's not even a truck with a tow rating or a towing transmission. The T56 is a known strictly performance tranny.

The whole super charger statement is stale, the motor is built for forced induction hence the 8.5 comp ratio, instead of going high compression like everything else ford went forced induction.

Last edited:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Well, hopefully some of those "Loyal Dodge" lovers will check into the boards over here.

I have never driven an SRT Ram. I'm sure it's a great truck and all but i don't have $45k to throw around. My Lightning does just fine and i won't debate about how a Dodge truck is a POS. I'll debate the ppl who claim that the SRT Ram is the best sport truck or that it will walk all over a Lightning. And as that site indicated. There is an SRT out there running 11's? Anyone ever seen that?

Users who are viewing this thread