The Last Viper (Pennzoil ad)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
commercial would have been better had their been a Hennessey flag in the background in the beginning.

but still great commercial none the less :cool:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Have to love Dodge's marketing. What a great "commercial."

I can't help but think the Viper will make a comeback someday. Something like what Chevy did with the Camaro. Too hard to believe they won't make anymore.....ever.

Recon

Established Member
This is exactly why I think they should've made a baby viper too. The Corvette that rivals the Viper is the C6 ZR1 and more recently the C7 Z06. So basically the top trim from Corvette is it's main rival. They should make a baby version with maybe a SRT8 6.4L Hemi, with optional auto, and have the price comparable to the base model Corvette. Cut some more luxurious qualities out to lower the price and I think it would sell.
Before anyone says a Viper has a V10 and a stick and nothing else. I completely agree. But there are times when an animal must adapt to survive.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is exactly why I think they should've made a baby viper too. The Corvette that rivals the Viper is the C6 ZR1 and more recently the C7 Z06. So basically the top trim from Corvette is it's main rival. They should make a baby version with maybe a SRT8 6.4L Hemi, with optional auto, and have the price comparable to the base model Corvette. Cut some more luxurious qualities out to lower the price and I think it would sell.
Before anyone says a Viper has a V10 and a stick and nothing else. I completely agree. But there are times when an animal must adapt to survive.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Dodge is not going to invest in R&D to come up with a new roofline in order to put side curtain airbags in a Viper.

There have been about 33k Vipers produced since 1992.... Chevrolet produces that in one year. The economies of a scale are not there for Dodge.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Dodge is not going to invest in R&D to come up with a new roofline in order to put side curtain airbags in a Viper.

There have been about 33k Vipers produced since 1992.... Chevrolet produces that in one year. The economies of a scale are not there for Dodge.

The base viper also costs way more than the base corvette.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What a great commercial.

It was like a fast furious movie compressed into a small clip, without all the cheesy parts.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I'd love to catch a ride in this generation Viper. I think very few people understand the performance capabilities of the Viper as compared to other cars.

It will be sad to see the Viper run come to an end.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That... was how to do a performance car commercial. Man.

Users who are viewing this thread