The L' on the farm.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
We just had this monsterous oak tree removed on Monday, because it had finally went to tree heaven. lol It was estimated to be over 100-150 years old. :eek: Anyways, I asked the tree removal guys to pile all the big limbs out by the barn so I could cut them up with the chainsaw to stockpile ALOT of firewood. I've been at it for 2 afternoons, and finally finished yesterday. The pile on the left that is actually inside the barn is THREE layers deep that high!! Needless to say, my back is killing me. lol Anyways, I just went out there to get some pics of my finished product and of course the Lightning somehow made it's way into the picture like it always does. :D Thought I would share some pics of the "farm truck", and the removal of the tree.

oakbefore3xo.jpg

trunkdown5er.jpg

trunkcutup8rn.jpg

bythebarn7nu.jpg

Last edited:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Yeah, I have a log splitter in the barn I was using on the bigger ones, those things are the shit. Would you guys believe they had that tree down, cut up, hauled the brush to the dump 3 times, and cleaned the yard and driveway up in just 6-1/2 hours?!?! They had skills. There was only five of them. :bowdown: lol

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Huh. Oak trees down here get hollow when they die...
Yeah, there were a bunch of rotten hollow spots here and there. Just not through the whole tree. This was a laurel oak, not a live oak. Live oaks rott out and get hollow more through the middle. Here is a pic of the hollow area in the stump. It goes down about 2-1/2 to 3 feet deep. The tree business owner fell through when he stood on it. I LMAO when he did that, (along with his entire crew).
rottenstump1vi.jpg

Disintegr8or

Established Member
What do you need firewood in Lakeland for? Are you some kind of sissy? :D It only freezes 3 days a year down there. :p

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Yeah, there were a bunch of rotten hollow spots here and there. Just not through the whole tree. This was a laurel oak, not a live oak. Live oaks rott out and get hollow more through the middle. Here is a pic of the hollow area in the stump. It goes down about 2-1/2 to 3 feet deep. The tree business owner fell through when he stood on it. I LMAO when he did that, (along with his entire crew).

aaaaahhhhhh....

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Disintegr8or said:
What do you need firewood in Lakeland for? Are you some kind of sissy? :D It only freezes 3 days a year down there. :p
Go out in the woods burn for fun while playing in the mud....Well, thats what I do with firewood. Camp fire maybe???

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Disintegr8or said:
Come'on man, campfires!! I got 10+ acres of land out in North Lakeland that me and my buddies use to go camping/fishing. There's 2 huge ponds out there that my dad dug back in the 70's....full of cats, specs, and bluegill. Get a few cases of beer, Glock .45 with plenty of rounds, a shitload of firewood, and leave the women at home = Damn good time. :thumbsup:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Lord Tauk said:
Cutting down a piece of history?!
Yeah, we hated to do it, but it had to be done. If we get more hurricanes, we can't risk it falling on the house since it was dead. They estimated that every 2 foot slice or "pancake" as they called it, of the trunk weighs a ton (2,000 lbs!!!) They were picking them up with the Kubota tractor with the hydraulic claws on the front, and it was pulling the back wheels off the ground. This was with two big guys hanging on the back, AND water in the rear tires. The Kubota had a lift rating of just over 1,500 lbs. It's unbelievable the mass these beautiful trees have.

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
We just had this monsterous oak tree removed on Monday, because it had finally went to tree heaven. lol It was estimated to be over 100-150 years old. :eek: Anyways, I asked the tree removal guys to pile all the big limbs out by the barn so I could cut them up with the chainsaw to stockpile ALOT of firewood. I've been at it for 2 afternoons, and finally finished yesterday. The pile on the left that is actually inside the barn is THREE layers deep that high!! Needless to say, my back is killing me. lol Anyways, I just went out there to get some pics of my finished product and of course the Lightning somehow made it's way into the picture like it always does. :D Thought I would share some pics of the "farm truck", and the removal of the tree.

oakbefore3xo.jpg

trunkdown5er.jpg

trunkcutup8rn.jpg

bythebarn7nu.jpg

I first started looking at this post and i thought OMG Brent hauled wood in his L lol

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
lthlsnake said:
I first started looking at this post and i thought OMG Brent hauled wood in his L lol
Well, now that you mentioned it.......this was from when I first bought the L', and had to prove to myself that it really was a truck. lol

lightningwithmulch4vw.jpg

lightningwithmulch14nl.jpg

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
lthlsnake said:
shame on u lol
Trust me...I learned from the mistake. Mulch gets into every freaking crevice. So Shaun, did you get the Phantom gauge in yet?? Wow, I've never hi-jacked my own thread before. lol

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
not yet man, going to wait till i find a fuel pressure gauge lol so i can put in the apillar pod, already have a steering pod and dash pod(gauge junkie) lol haha

Users who are viewing this thread