The Kingdom;Jamie Foxx - Jennifer Garner - Chris Cooper - Jason Bateman

lww18

Josh
Established Member
One of the best movies I have personally ever seen. Depicts perfectly whats going on in the middle east, Comments? Any one else seen it yet?

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I saw it this weekend, it was crazy, and not advertised correctly all the previews made it out to be some insane action war movie kinda like Three kings with ice cube and george clooney etc. But it actually was a crazy trip of movie.. i dont think people want me to give anyway anything so ill bite my tongue

Rochard

Established Member
I had wanted to see this movie this weekend but instead Friday my g/f decided to break my toe..... difficult to walk now.

lww18

Josh
Established Member
Well the preview I saw was right on point. You definatley will not leave your seat the last 15-20 mins of the movie. It had me on the edge of my seat, LOL

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Well the preview I saw was right on point. You definatley will not leave your seat the last 15-20 mins of the movie. It had me on the edge of my seat, LOL

yea i saw the same preview, but that previewed the last 15 minutes of the movie only. which i think takes away from the actual story/message the movie circles around. Its a real trip about wats goin on right now. makes u think.

Coiled03

Established Member
Saw it Friday night - damn good movie, and VERY intense.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Actually I was really disappointed. With a title like "The Kingdom" I thought it would concentrate much more on the problems in SA. Instead it barely touched on them and focused much more on action. I expected a Syriana-like deep plot but it's nothing close. It barely scratches the surface.

As long as you want action this movie will deliver just don't expect really deep insights into Saudi Arabia or the royals. I'm sure there was some pressure to go easy on any criticism.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah, the preview is rather misleading but a good movie none-the-less. i was actually a little suprised when it was over. i was expecting it to be drawn out thanks to the previews...

jennifer garner kicked some ASS in that movie!

at the end, when the mother asked her son what the grandfather had said to him, i thought that was a little bit of liberal agenda thrown in there....which i was expecting to see flamed in here, lol.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Actually I was really disappointed. With a title like "The Kingdom" I thought it would concentrate much more on the problems in SA. Instead it barely touched on them and focused much more on action. I expected a Syriana-like deep plot but it's nothing close. It barely scratches the surface.

As long as you want action this movie will deliver just don't expect really deep insights into Saudi Arabia or the royals. I'm sure there was some pressure to go easy on any criticism.

granted i kno it didnt explain "everything" thats goin on in SA, but what did u want? a documentary? its gota appeal to the general public, and if u ask me, there was more views from both sides of the balls then anything ive seen so far has delivered.

but ill give it to u that there wasnt a complicated plot... but action was only for the last 15minutes hands down... the rest was drama and character development... which was lame.

Users who are viewing this thread