THE JOHN COLETTI SVT STALL SUCKS!!!

VENOM650R

Established Member
I've got 850 miles on the car and it has stalled on me during deceleration 11 times now. Tonight it almost put me into a curb during a right turn. I called SVT and got the same 2 week crap. I can't believe they SVT/FORD have let this problem exist this long. I'm tired of driving this POS and worrying everytime I have to slow down that the engine is going to quit and leave me with limited brakes and steering...this is BULL$HIT!!! I've told my wife that if I die in a wreck to sue the crap out of FORD. Hey JOHN COLETTI are you listening? I remember you commenting to one of the auto mags that your FORD GT would turn the VIPER into an earthworm. Well I hope it is a much better car than the COBRA or you're going to be eating $HIT!!! I can't believe you let the COBRA go to market with this potentially fatal flaw. You obviously have no regard for the safety of your customers or the general public. I'm calling SVT one more time on Monday and they better say the PCM flash fix and TSB are a done deal or you'll be talking to my attorney and buying my COBRA back and I'll be getting a second VIPER GTS and keeping it stock as a daily driver. I will also have the appropriate government agencies and the automotive press contacted about this dangerous issue. I've had it with the JOHN COLETTI STALL ON THE STALL.....FIX IT NOW!!!!!:bash: :burn: :cuss: :xpl: :mj:
All you other COBRA owners with this problem should add on to this thread and keep this issue on the first page of this forum until this problem is fixed. The life you save may be your own!!!
:eek: Now I know why they call this car the Terminator.

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Have you seen your dealer about the stall? Contacted SVT hotline? I haven't stalled once in 12k miles.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Yes Ford should address the Stall issue, along with the head tick and half shaft issues ASAP. They have had more than enough time to resolve these issues.

If your dealer is like mine you get a call every day your car is in service, and also a survey after the service. If Ford really cares then they will immediately notify all owners of the current issues and status of resolutions to these issues.

Ford should also have a rep join this group and talk to us. That would be a big step Ford could take to best its competitors.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
Have you seen your dealer about the stall? Contacted SVT hotline? I haven't stalled once in 12k miles.

YES and YES. SVT says they have a PCM reflash and a TSB to fix the problem and it will be out in 2 weeks. Only problem is everytime you call it's still 2 weeks away. Dealer says the problem is a faulty idle valve. You tell me which one is correct. SVT that builds them or the dealer that sells them? Does the fact that they each have a different reason for the STALL add to your confidence that anyone at FORD knows what to do?

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by johnsonl
Woody Anderson, Huntsville Alabama

Me too. James Donald should be nominated for Customer Care Manager of the Year. I'll tell you why over lunch next week.

James definitely honors his customer commitments.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
James lives right next door to me! He is a cool dude!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
He was driving a White 03 Cobra Yesterday, I saw it in his driveway.

FordFreak

Established Member
Ill call on monday too and see what they say. I have the pop, tick, and TOB squeak. I havent experienced the stall yet. I have 2,700 miles.

Think the dealer will hassle me with my upr quandrant/adjuster if I take it in for the squeak?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Im surprised that ford hasn't done to the rest of you like they did to me if you complain enought they finally say you ran octang booster threw it and your not covererd under warranty like they did with me and my idle problems and surge.

Good luck

Domeskilla

Established Member
5 seconds from redaddiction if i dont stub my toe
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
Ill call on monday too and see what they say. I have the pop, tick, and TOB squeak. I havent experienced the stall yet. I have 2,700 miles.

Think the dealer will hassle me with my upr quandrant/adjuster if I take it in for the squeak?

yes.

if they're that type of dealer. they tried telling us that we converted the car from hydro to cable and so they arent warrantying the TOB squeek or a clutch (wasnt sure if it was the tob or not tho, just a noise)

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
OK, all you people with the stall that are so pissed off.... Have you lodged an official complaint with the NHTSA? I have and I suggest you do it too.... It'll only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

There's already quite a few entries for '03 Mustang Cobra stall issues. The more the better.... Sooner or later someone is going to get killed and this is a good CYA move.

U.M.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Johnson or ALA G8R...I went to UAH and are in and out of Huntsville all the time. I drive past W.A. Ford, but have never looked at the stickers. I know in Nashville you can drive on off for $31,500...what are they selling for there???

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread