"The IRS Tech Article" has been rewritten

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
it's nice. You're gonna end up costing me alot of money though. All your talk about cornering like a Porsche. Man, that would be awesome.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
great article. But yeah, you make me wanna spend a lot of $$ lol.

p.s might want to double check, but the link for AC427Cobra’s Complete IRS Bushing Package does not work. Really interested to find out what it is.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
awesome job man, really makes me want to put my blower plans on hold and spend that time/money on a delrin kit and bilsteins to get the car to where i want it eventually :)

Eric

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
awesome, thanks. Looks like a nice assembly. Definately on the list......one i just made within the last hour or so, haha

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sway bars are an afterthought when the suspension is set up correctly. Tune with the spring rate then follow and fine tune with the sway bar(s). Just adding more rigid swaybars is not the answer.
As my race car sits now (600/400) I need to remove the stock GT front swaybar and find a 99+ manual V6 swaybar to replace it with. Doing so will help reduce understeer and make for better turn in response.

Didnt Eibach make IRS swaybars?

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Sway bars are an afterthought when the suspension is set up correctly. Tune with the spring rate then follow and fine tune with the sway bar(s). Just adding more rigid swaybars is not the answer.
As my race car sits now (600/400) I need to remove the stock GT front swaybar and find a 99+ manual V6 swaybar to replace it with. Doing so will help reduce understeer and make for better turn in response.

Exactly!

Didnt Eibach make IRS swaybars?

Yes they do but the diameter is 35mm for the front and 29mm in the rear Vs. the stock 28mm front and 26mm rear bars. That is an increadibly thick bar and would actualy hinder the performance of the suspension rather than help it.

cobraracer46

Banned
Yes they do but the diameter is 35mm for the front and 29mm in the rear Vs. the stock 28mm front and 26mm rear bars. That is an increadibly thick bar and would actualy hinder the performance of the suspension rather than help it.

The Eibach sway bars do not degarde performance if they are used for their intended aplication. I installed the eibach sway bars on my cobra to compliment the pro kit springs and bilstien hd shocks and struts that were already on the car and I am very happy with the results. I would recomend this set up to any one who does not to go with a coil over set up.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I really like the new setup of the thread. Great job. I can't wait to start upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread