The IMDb Challenge

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If you're credited together, ill find you. But if you're going back to a time when you brought Kevin bacon a sandwich, then I can't do much with that. Was it after 1990?
you didn't say it had to be credited. you made no rules or assertions as to criteria. and I made no assumptions about what you meant. your using google to get the answers to a game you copied that is like 30 years old just makes the game dumb.

canibus

Established Member
you didn't say it had to be credited. you made no rules or assertions as to criteria. and I made no assumptions about what you meant. your using google to get the answers to a game you copied that is like 30 years old just makes the game dumb.

Like I said earlier, I'm not doing it all off the top of my head. I use imdb to double check my answers. What makes the game hard, is the connection must be within 5 links. Everyone in Hollywood is connected, but can you find the shortest route.

With that said, lets keep it between actors and directors. No extras or film crews.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so bottom line you are not looking for a challenge you are looking for a way to show off your ability to use IMdb I got it now ... carry on

Like I said earlier, I'm not doing it all off the top of my head. I use imdb to double check my answers. What makes the game hard, is the connection must be within 5 links. Everyone in Hollywood is connected, but can you find the shortest route.

With that said, lets keep it between actors and directors. No extras or film crews.

canibus

Established Member
very good. let's see how about Ray Stevenson -Pierfrancesco Favino

Anchorman made this one really easy.

1rst
Pierfrancesco Favino worked with Ben stiller in night of the museum

2nd
Ben stiller worked with will Ferrell in anchorman

3rd
Will Ferrell worked with ray Stevenson in "the other guys"

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
Cool game. Big movie fan myself. Close to 1,000 in my collection. All bought and paid for by me. None stolen, copied, or ripped. Don't know what I'm gonna do when I fill my wall up. No where else in my house has the room to display them, short of the living room. Though I really don't want them there.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Cool game. Big movie fan myself. Close to 1,000 in my collection. All bought and paid for by me. None stolen, copied, or ripped. Don't know what I'm gonna do when I fill my wall up. No where else in my house has the room to display them, short of the living room. Though I really don't want them there.
LOL I did not realize just how many movies I had till I started ripping them without compression. I ripped them as I bought them but decided that since disk space is so cheap now that I could rip them without compression and have much better quality. I have 300 ripped and not even close to being half way through

canibus

Established Member

Aside from the obvious blockbusters, what movies do you recommend? When you start getting up there with movies you've seen, it get's hard finding something worth the time to watch. I'm into foreign, indie, and dramas. I watched The Raid:redemption last night. Movie was awesome.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
Aside from the obvious blockbusters, what movies do you recommend? When you start getting up there with movies you've seen, it get's hard finding something worth the time to watch. I'm into foreign, indie, and dramas. I watched The Raid:redemption last night. Movie was awesome.

I've thought about pickin that one up. Looked at it a few times. I'm big into post apocalyptic movies. Ever seen The Road? Even more twisted and crazy, The Divide?

How big is you're collection? DVD/Blu ray?

canibus

Established Member
damn I thought I would stump you on that one.

How about Rami Malek- Nick Ashdon

1rst
Nick Ashdon worked on blooded with Mark Dexter

2nd
Mark Dexter worked with Heather Graham in "From Hell"

3rd
Heather Graham worked with Vince Vaughn in Swingers

4rth
Vince Vaughn Worked on wedding crashers with Owen Wilson

5th
Owen Wilson Worked on Night at the Museum with Rami malek

You really like Night at the Museum don't you?!

canibus

Established Member
I've thought about pickin that one up. Looked at it a few times. I'm big into post apocalyptic movies. Ever seen The Road? Even more twisted and crazy, The Divide?

How big is you're collection? DVD/Blu ray?

I'm actually opposite of you. I DL and throw them away. I then buy the ones I really liked. I have about 100 dvd's, no blue rays. Never saw the point in paying 30 bucks for a movie. I use to buy movies all the time, but I realized that 80% of the movies I bought, were complete garbage. I got tired of getting screwed so I stopped buying. I'm looking for the road and the divide as we speak. How did you like Prometheus?

you should open an IMDb account, if you don't already have one.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
That's cool. I don't get out to the movies much anymore. I enjoy buyin them, like the collecting part I guess. It's about my only vice, so I don't mind the $15-20 for um. Looks cool in my mini man cave as well.

It takes a lot for me to dislike a movie I think. I would bet I've watched almost every movie at least twice. Some way more than others.

I thought Prometheus was intense. Watched it twice now, wanting to watch it again soon. So many questions, waiting for the sequel.

I have a flixter account. Though i frequent imdb just as much.

canibus

Established Member
Well actually I was thinking of this Steve McQueen

Steven R. McQueen - IMDb

but man that's pretty impressive :p

To be honest I wasn't sure which you were talking about. So I figured black dude, black chick. Lol

1rst
Steve r. McQueen worked on "piranha" with Adam Scott

2nd
Adam Scott worked with will Ferrell in step brothers

3rd
Will Ferrell worked on Ricky bobby with Sacha baron Cohen

4rth
Sasha baron Cohen worked on Ali g in the house with naomi Campbell

That was actually a bit easier than the last one.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I have one with my uncle if you don't mind. He's not a famous director, but he is a director.

Andy Froemke - Charlize Theron

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
1rst
Billy dee Williams worked on batman with Michael Keaton

2nd
Michael Keaton worked on "Cars" with Jeremy clarkson

Well damn that was quicker than mine...

Tom cruise was on top gear with Clarkson
Kelly mcgillis in top gun with cruise
Harrison ford in Witness with mcgillis