The how to on converting to E83?

Rec8898

Established Member
I have read some post about this bit I was wondering if some sell a kit or is it as simple as injector and fuel pump upgrade? Thanks

Rec8898

Established Member
Thanks How much you guys think it would coast to upgrade my fuel to support E83? i know i can get more power but right now in SC 93 is 3.65 ish and E83 is 3.08 That would add up just on fuel coast..

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Thanks How much you guys think it would coast to upgrade my fuel to support E83? i know i can get more power but right now in SC 93 is 3.65 ish and E83 is 3.08 That would add up just on fuel coast..

E85 I take it you meant not E83..... buy either of the 1st two, depending on the power you are wanting to make...The cost of fuel you save will add up yes, your mpg will be slightly worse with e85 though. I went from buying 104 octane $8.63 a gallon to e85 at $3.15 a gallon.
Lethal Performance Fuel Systems : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Rec8898

Established Member
E85 I take it you meant not E83..... buy either of the 1st two, depending on the power you are wanting to make...The cost of fuel you save will add up yes, your mpg will be slightly worse with e85 though. I went from buying 104 octane $8.63 a gallon to e85 at $3.15 a gallon.
Lethal Performance Fuel Systems : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The link you sent doesnt have the upgraded injectors do i need to get bigger injectors as well correct? and alittle worse MPG vs more power and cheaper per gallon... So i would spend about 1k in parts to run e85?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
The link you sent doesnt have the upgraded injectors do i need to get bigger injectors as well correct? and alittle worse MPG vs more power and cheaper per gallon... So i would spend about 1k in parts to run e85?

You buy the injectors separately. Buy the 80's. If you buy the budget system it will be cheaper, that should be ok for you in the 600 hp range, more than that you will need the next kit which is a little more.

moot09

Established Member
^^^ lol Same thing I said in my 1st response.

Haha Ironic post on my part.

OP, you'll find TONS of info in that section. Basically if you are thinking about asking it, it's probably been asked before lol A Google search with the site name attached has saved me lots of search time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread