The housing market

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
She is very high volume and she sends people to lenders. Her team sells over 1000 homes a year. If they want to continue to have her send business their way, then they had better make sure the deals get done.
But I wonder how much of this is her blowing smoke, because if she is the listing agent, she's not sending the buyer to the mortgage company. The buyer's agent is the one communicating with the buyer, not her.

tistan

Established Member
But I wonder how much of this is her blowing smoke, because if she is the listing agent, she's not sending the buyer to the mortgage company. The buyer's agent is the one communicating with the buyer, not her.
She works with all the lenders so if they screw her on one deal, she won't send her buying clients their way. I edited my early post to add more info.

It is not blowing smoke. I've known her for a while since she is my best friends sis in law. I have worked with her since back when she was selling 30 homes a year.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
She works with all the lenders so if they screw her on one deal, she won't send her buying clients their way. I edited my early post to add more info.

It is not blowing smoke. I've known her for a while since she is my best friends sis in law. I have worked with her since back when she was selling 30 homes a year.
I only pushed you on facts due to holes in the original post. I realize it's all grey, not black and white. I also deal in commercial as well as residential and there are some good realtors, but a lot of them are just full of it and say they can influence things they simply can not.

tistan

Established Member
I only pushed you on facts due to holes in the original post. I realize it's all grey, not black and white. I also deal in commercial as well as residential and there are some good realtors, but a lot of them are just full of it and say they can influence things they simply can not.
When my wife and I got divorce, I had to have our home appraise and then pay her half the difference of the appraisal and what was owed. I could pick the appraiser, but I had to give my wife 3 options on appraisers. I called my realtor and asked who were the three appraiser who would always come in the lowest. She gave me three names, but said who would be the lowest of them all. My ex wife picked that one. The the appraisal came in at $20k over what I owed. I wrote my ex a check for $10k which finalized the divorce, and I put on the market a month later for $50k over what I owed. My ex was pissed to say the least, but it was her and her attorneys demands so she couldn't say a thing.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Comps are the end all be all. Those, and what anyone is willing to pay. It's what the appraisers look at, which is what the banks and realtors look at.

Zestimates can be a nuisance by distracting buyers with erroneous valuations, but it's the comps that matter, not Zillow's algorithms.
Banks are allowing the next bubble to inflate. It makes for good business as long as they allow it. The last down turn only took 8 1/4 point interest rate increases. Maybe this on will take
16 rate hikes

tistan

Established Member
Banks are allowing the next bubble to inflate. It makes for good business as long as they allow it. The last down turn only took 8 1/4 point interest rate increases. Maybe this on will take
16 rate hikes
I hope it pops soon. I am completely liquid right now and ready to scoop up some deals.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Well, the cost of materials went up today. Was informed today by our supplier on the price hikes for all metals, brass went up 88%. Everything went up 12-30% besides copper. This adds an additional 2500-3500 to the homeowner, for nothing but speculation over the potential tariffs.

nxhappy

Established Member
Comps are the end all be all. Those, and what anyone is willing to pay. It's what the appraisers look at, which is what the banks and realtors look at.

Zestimates can be a nuisance by distracting buyers with erroneous valuations, but it's the comps that matter, not Zillow's algorithms.
zestimates are bullshit. I've watched them for over 5 years and their values are UNDERcut.

You have to go by actual sales. Find a house down your street, take the sales price and divide by square footage. Pretty simple.

nxhappy

Established Member
Well, the cost of materials went up today. Was informed today by our supplier on the price hikes for all metals, brass went up 88%. Everything went up 12-30% besides copper. This adds an additional 2500-3500 to the homeowner, for nothing but speculation over the potential tariffs.
doesn't really matter. If new homes go up in price so will used homes. They can't build fast enough right now.

nxhappy

Established Member
True, I should have specified depending on area. Like my area. $425k is well above a modest home price IMO. ;)
honestly, move to a different city or state if you are bargain hunting for a home. Beggers can't be choosers on a single income. I would have never bought my first house if I wasn't married, simply because I couldn't afford it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
honestly, move to a different city or state if you are bargain hunting for a home. Beggers can't be choosers on a single income. I would have never bought my first house if I wasn't married, simply because I couldn't afford it.
Living in kommiefornia like you do I am not surprised. I lucked into a program for first time homebuyers when I bought my home in 2001 made it pretty easy to buy as a single person

Never_Enough

Established Member
I bought my 1st house all by myself, but I feel you. I want a gf now just for the 2nd income lol. I'm looking in 3 counties & it's all the same bs unless you go to bum ****. I can't go to bum **** b/c I'd have an insane commute that would make me want to kill myself.

Never_Enough

Established Member
16 rate hikes
Must be only for select folks. When I applied for the loan this time, they wanted pay stubs from not only my current job, but the last one too & a bunch of crap that I was never asked the last time.

Dusten

Established Member
Speaking of lending. I love three calls.

Caller: sir we'd recently sent you information on refinancing your va mortgage. Have you had a chance to review it?
Me: nope...
Caller: well sir, if your interest rate is above 4% we may be able to help
Me: its not, *click*

Surely if they've looked up the terms of my mortgage they know my apr

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Must be only for select folks. When I applied for the loan this time, they wanted pay stubs from not only my current job, but the last one too & a bunch of crap that I was never asked the last time.
The last time I bought. All they asked for was my Master Electrical Contractor License.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I just put in a contract on the 3rd different mortgage I've had in my lifetime. It's set to close next week. Quite a bit of documentation and "up my ass" stuff on what my spending was on from my bank statements etc. 800+ credit too. I didn't mind providing the documentation but it was far from just a couple paychecks. I agree though this real estate market is very hot pretty much everywhere. My first purchase was a condo in 2009. I got the 1st time homebuyer $8000 check to buy a home deal. Wasn't a whole lot of paperwork that I remember from that. Lived in it for 7 years. Sold and bought a home and that was quite a bit of stuff asked even though I had a decent sized down payment this time. This latest purchase was the most documentation I've ever had to provide and they asked a LOTS of questions, and I had to provide proof of what seemed like every little thing. Better that way than NINJA loans from 2004. No Income, No Job, No Assets

Last edited:

1996slowbra

Established Member

Yep they wanted 6 months of pay stubs from me and my last 2 W2's. I thought they were going to ask for the results of my last colonoscopy and a DNA sample as well. I have a folder in my google drive with all the hundreds of pages of forms and shit the broker wanted.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I just put in a contract on a home. It's set to close next week. Quite a bit of documentation and "up my ass" stuff on what my spending was on from my bank statements etc. 800+ credit too. I didn't mind providing the documentation but it was far from just a couple paychecks. I agree though this real estate market is very hot pretty much everywhere
Congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread