The housing market

Dusten

Established Member
that is stupid high for an HOA, but they better have LOTS of stuff included to justify it. Snow removal would be one thing that will drive up the HOA fee. Did you ask them what all was included with that? I ruled out a couple when I was looking because they did not want to provide me with the HOA docs until after I bought the house .. **** that shit.

I bought my current house before the HOA was formed, and the first thing I did was put a cover over my patio so it would be grandfathered in.
I pay less than $250 a year in my hoa

Equalbracket

Established Member
My county's property value appraisal math is really fuzzy, they cant even tell you how they decided everyone's house in the county would be going up 6-12+%. Basing houses value on other houses that are 10-15 miles away? Makes no sense.

Anyone looking for an amazing property in Central Texas? 50 Acres, 3k sqft hangar, two runways, shooting range. 4bd 3 bath 3k sqft house, 2k sqft motorhome building, 1500 sqft shop.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My county's property value appraisal math is really fuzzy, they cant even tell you how they decided everyone's house in the county would be going up 6-12+%. Basing houses value on other houses that are 10-15 miles away? Makes no sense.

Anyone looking for an amazing property in Central Texas? 50 Acres, 3k sqft hangar, two runways, shooting range. 4bd 3 bath 3k sqft house, 2k sqft motorhome building, 1500 sqft shop.
Just for shits and giggles, how much?

Never_Enough

Established Member
So the market is still retarded. Found a nice place pop up, contacted my realtor same day (Friday) to set a time to see it. She drops ball & misses my email. Apparently, house went under contract on Friday anyway.

As soon as anything half decent, and even some junk, gets listed 50 people immediately put in offers and it's sold for more than asking 9 out of 10 times. **** this shit.

Blown 89

Established Member
So the market is still retarded. Found a nice place pop up, contacted my realtor same day (Friday) to set a time to see it. She drops ball & misses my email. Apparently, house went under contract on Friday anyway.

As soon as anything half decent, and even some junk, gets listed 50 people immediately put in offers and it's sold for more than asking 9 out of 10 times. **** this shit.
We've been seeing that here for 6+ years at this point. They sell for way more than asking price then immediately get leveled, build a monstrosity, then still it for 100x what they bought it for. A crash is coming, I've been saying it for years. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. I don't we'll have bank fraud like we did in 08 but people are going to walk away from home in droves again. People's greed in the house market is disgusting

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
We've been seeing that here for 6+ years at this point. They sell for way more than asking price then immediately get leveled, build a monstrosity, then still it for 100x what they bought it for. A crash is coming, I've been saying it for years. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. I don't we'll have bank fraud like we did in 08 but people are going to walk away from home in droves again. People's greed in the house market is disgusting
I agree that a bust is coming, and I’m hedging my bet that it will happen later this year or next year. I also believe that coastal states will take a harder hit. I’m dumping my San Diego property and investing in Colorado using a 1031.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Even if something happens, it'll get bailed out. The precedent has been set, Trump has too much invested to let the real estate market die. He will lose massive coin too.

Luckily we bought right in the middle of the bump. Even at it's worse, our property sold for right at 200k in 2008/9. We bought for 239k and have done updates.

Coiled03

Established Member
No offense to current owners, but I'm hoping for a crash sometime soon. Only way I can buy a decent house in this state with its stupid property taxes is on the cheap.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

When I sold my house a few years ago I didn't even list it and it was gone for more than asking price. After my parents passed the same happened with their house. Market is crazy.

M91196

Established Member
In my state the cost of building is so high with energy efficiency rules and code enhancements it has contributed to the higher prices for older homes too.

We closed out an estate this year and the realtors estimated a good “quick sale as is price” of 180K.

On day one we had 4 offers over 200 and 2 cash offers at asking.

56 people looked at the house in 5days in February in the Northeast......

It’s crazy

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Yep, not buying a house anytime soon, even though I want my own garage. Driving to my moms house to work on cars is starting to get old.

Ill keep renting my studio apartment thats right downtown (not Detroit) for $525 a month. I'll never be able to find anything like this again.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't give a shit what the market does. My house is paid for lol. I sold a rental last Oct. It was on the market for less than 48 hours and we sold it for 11 k over what we asked

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
When I sold my house a few years ago I didn't even list it and it was gone for more than asking price. After my parents passed the same happened with their house. Market is crazy.
I'm never gonna be the guy that pays more than asking. Not like I'm looking at mcmansions. I may as well give up

Never_Enough

Established Member
In my state the cost of building is so high with energy efficiency rules and code enhancements it has contributed to the higher prices for older homes too.

We closed out an estate this year and the realtors estimated a good “quick sale as is price” of 180K.

On day one we had 4 offers over 200 and 2 cash offers at asking.

56 people looked at the house in 5days in February in the Northeast......

It’s crazy
Shit is crazy. They just built new houses, single family & townhomes, 5 minutes form where I live now & they start in the 400s. No wonder everyone is broke. Only the 1% have the money so how are so many buying all these half a mil homes?!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

True story bro!
Houses are selling like hotcakes out here and they sell fast too! And like you said, they do sometimes sell for more than asking. The house 2 doors down sold for over asking price. Asking price was 529K on that one. 2 years ago, the house next door for me sold in one weekend and got asking price, 420K.

Users who are viewing this thread