The Horsepower gods are against me

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
Ok,
I think the HP gods hate me. When i was stock, everyone and their momma wanted to race me. I had Corvettes, Lambos, everything pull up next to me.
Now when i have a lot more power, i hit the freeway, iam surrounded by minivans and suvs. The worst part is that i see all those fast cars going the other way. :cuss:
Has anybody ever have this?

sixt5

Established Member
heh sorta. in high school i drove the car in my sig. it looked and sounded amazing. everyone feared it and wouldnt give me any action. in all truth, its about as quick as a v6 mustang lol.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
I feel ya nobody wants to race me. I hear Mustang GT's get a shitload of asshats plus their moms wanting to race though

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Ha, try livin in a small town like me, everyone tells you how fast they heard your car is, and about how much boost youre running. Truth be told my car is a just an extremely loud mid 13 second car. I dont claim its fast but it sounds like it might be so nobody even bothers to mess with me. I dont think my car is fast at all. There is a kid around here named Kevin with a stock 03 Cobra that would walk me but since his is quiet most people are like, "Man I bet you beat Kevin's ass."

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I found more races in my 14 second integra then I ever have in cars that were actually fast, you can still get the occasional ricer tho :-D

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
sndmn_2000 said:
Ok,
I think the HP gods hate me. When i was stock, everyone and their momma wanted to race me. I had Corvettes, Lambos, everything pull up next to me.
Now when i have a lot more power, i hit the freeway, iam surrounded by minivans and suvs. The worst part is that i see all those fast cars going the other way. :cuss:
Has anybody ever have this?

They're thinking the same thing when they pass you on the opposite side. :lol1:

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
boostaholic said:
I found more races in my 14 second integra then I ever have in cars that were actually fast, you can still get the occasional ricer tho :-D

LOL me too
i had a phoenix yellow integra type-R that i could not take on the highway without at least one person wanting to run (no matter what they were driving). that car was fun on the off ramps, but a dog in a straight line

now i rarely get challenged

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
my cobra has a mustang gt rear bumper so alot of ricers do their little fly bys but i usually wave them down and give them a business card for the local drag strip.. ive had a couple pretty suprised

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
oh i remember one time comming from the gym at night and there was nothing fast on the FW. I get off my exit and what goes on the onramp. A brand new 911 turbo. And he was getting on it. I was like WTF?

trottlebody

Established Member
Every single time on my drive to my aprtmnt (30 mins) there isnt a car in sight that looks like or wants to race, all SUV's and vans....However I gaze across the median, and all I see are the fast cars. Its frustrating

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Zorabot said:
Have you tried a racetrack for races or just the interstates ?

Theres a difference between going to the track and chance meetings on the street. You cant randomly pull up to some guy at a track while he is sitting at the tree waiting to go. Not exactly saying he drives around looking for street races, but it is just a little more of a rush when someone youve never seen before challenges you in public.

Street racing, dumb? Yes. Do alot of us do it anyway? Yes.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
no one tries to race me at all. but when I ride around with my friend in his 95 Z28 everyone tries to race! maybe because it's purple with silver stripes and attracts more attention?

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Purple with silver stripes?....Yea Id probably try to hand him his ass too. Haha.

Disclaimer:
No I dont know your friend or how fast his car is.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
happens to me as well. when i had my ford ranger like 7 years ago, i would always get challenged by some ricer or whatnot. on my second svt vehicle now, and the chance races are few and inbetween.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I always mess with Lightnings whenever I see them. They are almost always up for a quick run. Usually I stay neck and neck with them, but on occasion I run across those that mop the road with my ass. Brad with the 600hp Gen I comes to mind here.

Users who are viewing this thread