The Gun Box, rf biometric gps gunsafe

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
yep found my new handgun safe for bedroom. I currently have this one but still makes the wife nervous that our daughter could somehow guess the combo.

Gunvault SpeedVault SV500 gun safe - Amazon.com

The win would be an in-wall flush mount like you posted but with the RFID/fingerprint scanner. Ultimate win would be the capacity to hold handgun, shotgun, M4 type rifle (with flashlight etc), and spare magazines.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
That thing is awesome that would be perfect for ccw if you have to leave you handgun in the truck for any reason.

Cobra-O

Established Member
The win would be an in-wall flush mount like you posted but with the RFID/fingerprint scanner. Ultimate win would be the capacity to hold handgun, shotgun, M4 type rifle (with flashlight etc), and spare magazines.

Secure Logic used to make one, but I think they ended up pulling it because of horrible reviews. There are other manufacturers of the same thing now though.

Secure Logic 20700 Biometric Wall Vault, Steel - Amazon.com

Only big enough for a handgun.

oldmodman

Established Member
That looks like a well engineered product.

I don't need one for at home since I live alone and I am always armed while at home or on my property. I even have a waterproof bag so I am armed in the shower. (yes, I am paranoid)

But I would be interested in getting one to keep in the car. Since there are no carry permits in Los Angeles it would be a way of preventing access to my pistol when in the car. So if pulled over I would still be "legal" Might be a good place to keep the ganja too.:-D

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
It's more like a metal box. A screw driver will get into it, or it can be carried off. Not bad for people with kids though.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Wife said I'm required to have a safe if I buy a pistol... this one looks great, but I'd like one that can be mounted from the inside to a wall stud. This looks like it could be easily carried off, and the little Kensington lock doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I sleep with a .40 on my night stand, during the day when I'm at work it's locked up in my safe. Super easy.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
No thanks. An electronic safe would never be the place for something I might need in a life or death situation.

cobraless

Established Member
While we are it at, does anyone know of a good (reasonably priced) wall mount safe? We have a one year old and I want protection for the house but also want it stored safely. Thanks much!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
No thanks. An electronic safe would never be the place for something I might need in a life or death situation.
Exactly my thoughts.

Here's an example of a mechanic safe which i plan to get.
FAS1-TL Handgun Safe (Tactical Light Holster)

For those who mentioned someone can take a small safe like this, you are correct. However, most of the people who buy it to keep little kids out of it or something along those lines. For keeping bad guys out, you can use a actually big safe like you see at Cabela's or Academy.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
My seemingly silly question is this:

Do the RF and biometric scanners still work for a hot perspiring, wet hand?

:shrug:

I wager the biometric scanner does not.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Wife said I'm required to have a safe if I buy a pistol... this one looks great, but I'd like one that can be mounted from the inside to a wall stud. This looks like it could be easily carried off, and the little Kensington lock doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

A stud mounted safe can be ripped right out in minutes by a strong person or anybody with a pry bar, which most people have laying around their house. The only thing that's going to slow somebody down is at least a B-rate safe that your average burglar isn't going to get into with typical hand tools weighing at least 1100lbs so it can't be easily carried off. Depending on location and 1000lbs isn't even hard to move.

Aside from that the best thing to do is have it well hidden in a place most people won't think to look.

Users who are viewing this thread