The GT500 is reborn!

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Sith said:
I still think the name is ridiculous.

I think Ford Mustang SVT Cobra isn't all that either.

Never the less, the new GT500 is the same name as the '67 to '70 GT500.

Last edited:

Sith

Banned
LTHLBLU said:
i agree, a little long :smmon:

I mean what the hell, shelby cobra gt500? and this is an SVT product? I think the car is gonna kickass but I think Ford gets a thumbs down on the whole naming process.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Sith said:
I mean what the hell, shelby cobra gt500? and this is an SVT product? I think the car is gonna kickass but I think Ford gets a thumbs down on the whole naming process.

It looks like it's going to be SVT... Both the Adrenalin & the GT500 will be SVT products by the sound of it.

Read the whole quote:

Along with the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 - which will go on sale in 2006 - Adrenalin will continue SVT's product momentum that has been growing since the introduction of the acclaimed Ford GT super car in 2004.

Sith

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
It looks like it's going to be SVT... Both the Adrenalin & the GT500 will be SVT products by the sound of it.

Read the whole quote:

Along with the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 - which will go on sale in 2006 - Adrenalin will continue SVT's product momentum that has been growing since the introduction of the acclaimed Ford GT super car in 2004.

so it's a cobra, and a gt500, and a shelby. :rolleyes: I hope they just leave it as a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra by production time.

Sith

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
LOL, man you guys crack me up.

Ford Shelby Cobra GT500
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

same number of words...

It's not the amount of words, it's how retarded "Ford Shelby Cobra GT500" sounds. It sounds like you're talking about three cars in one.

I, for one, will be writing a letter to SVT regarding the name being changed back to just Ford Mustang SVT Cobra.

I hope SVT doesn't learn the hard way a little saying that goes "don't fix it if it's not broken".

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Sith said:
It's not the amount of words, it's how retarded "Ford Shelby Cobra GT500" sounds. It sounds like you're talking about three cars in one.

I, for one, will be writing a letter to SVT regarding the name being changed back to just Ford Mustang SVT Cobra.

I hope SVT doesn't learn the hard way a little saying that goes "don't fix it if it's not broken".

Make sure you travel back in time to complain to them about the 1967-1970 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500's and GT350's will ya (well the 350's hit earlier)...

Sith

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
Make sure you travel back in time to complain to them about the 1967-1970 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500's and GT350's will ya (well the 350's hit earlier)...

you noticed how long those stayed in production, right? :nono:

Sith

Banned
By the way, I don't have a problem with this GT500 thing, but as a SVT product I'm dissapointed. If Shelby and Ford want to re-release the GT500 that's fine and dandy, but don't kill off the SVT Cobra for it.

Also if it's a one year thing I won't realy mind, but to see the end of the SVT Cobra would be sad.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Uh Sith...Uh...I don't think you are listening well enough uh.... it appears that the SVT COBRA isn't going anywhere. It is a colaberation between Shelby and SVT. Who the hell cares what it is called. It is going to be the best car any mustang lover could ever hope for. The name is implying that that particular car will be a GT-500, with the prospects for a GT-350 or maybe a different model. The name sounds fine, and it will be and SVT no mater, so why is that is so rediculious. I have always thought the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra sounded long and drawn out, but hey atleast they didn't just call it an SS and then abandon it. Hell you guys are ****ing lucky that Carroll is back on board...(Lucky!) The car will be a bad ass, REJOICE the savior has returned!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread