the Fishing thread....

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Spring fever has struck!

I hope you boys up north get a good case of it!

What kinda fishing do you do? Off shore, great lakes, rivers, lakes, ponds?

Also, what kind of fish do you mainly go for?

What's your biggest fish? I have not had much luck in this category, the biggest largemouth is 5 pounds. My son caught a 14 pounder in a private lake so he's got bragging rights between us.

Me = bass (all kinds), bluegill, striped bass, crappie, catfish, walleye, gar, etc..

Been twice this year so far, caught my first largemouth yesterday for the year. I had to buy me a jon boat to get into the rivers & smaller lakes. Bank fishing sucks!

If any of you boys got any boats, post'em up! I'll take a picture of mine later & post it.

If any of you boys are in Georgia & fish, then the Georgia Outdoor News message boards rock for hunting & fishing. Georgia Outdoor News Forum - Powered by vBulletin :rockon: <~~ My username here is possum steak

purdueranger

Established Member
I need to break out the reel and tackle and hit up my grandfather and go for some fishing down in Southern Indiana. I always have fun hanging out with him on the boat and just casting a reel all day long.

Bass, bluegill, croppie, and catfish is what I go for.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Mostly trout here. Started fly fishing a couple of years ago. I just wish we had the rivers/streams that the west does.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I live in golf couse community with a large private lake (catch ans release). the lake has bass, croppy, catfish (blue, channel cats) also bluegill and grass carp. I bought a 30year old 15foot fiberglass tri-hull lake boat . Best $1000.00Ii ever spent. I am gettin ready to go fishin right now.The biggest fish I caught so far was a 7 1/2lb large mouth bass and 12lb blue cat.

Last edited:

grendel

Established Member
this is where working offshore has its benefits. we catch redfish out the ass out here. the trout should be coming in soon. the range we are catching the reds are anywhere from 30-41 inches.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
this is where working offshore has its benefits. we catch redfish out the ass out here. the trout should be coming in soon. the range we are catching the reds are anywhere from 30-41 inches.

I've heard about those redfish. I don't have them where I live.

All those tv fishing guys catch a mess of those redfish. Once you hit a school of them, then you're in heaven.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Mostly Rainbow Trout and Brown trout from the awesome Bow river.
I also like fishing for monster Pike and Walleye at Crawling Valley.
I prefer fly fishing for the trout and rod and reel fishing for the pike and walleye.

We also live in a lake community that is stocked with Rainbow trout so I spend quite a bit of time fishing there.
The lake has a limit of 45 trout a year and they have Lund fishing boats that can be signed out.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I perfer to fish with my brother for catfish on Lake Corpus Christi. My biggest fish is a 34 inch, 19 pound black drum. We do catch and release unless its catfish, then its fish fry and beer.

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
Redfish, Speckled Trout, Bass and Catfish here. Best bass fishing trip for me was in a private pond about ten years ago. I caught 16 bass and 7 of them were over 7 lbs! In a two week time frame on a different occasion I caught an 8.5lb, 10.5lb, and a 12.2 lb bass :rockon:. Im itching to head to Grand Isle to go catch some bull reds. We usually catch a couple of bulls during the summer down there.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I caught 16 bass and 7 of them were over 7 lbs! In a two week time frame on a different occasion I caught an 8.5lb, 10.5lb, and a 12.2 lb bass :rockon:. .

show off! :D Hell Roland Martin & Bill Dance would be envious of this.

grendel

Established Member
I've heard about those redfish. I don't have them where I live.

All those tv fishing guys catch a mess of those redfish. Once you hit a school of them, then you're in heaven.

most nights when it is half ass calm we go to one of the tank batteries and there are usually a couple hundred of them on top of the water just after dark.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Bass and Cat exclusively. I did some trout fishing a few years back, it was fun. The biggest Bass i caught was a Largemouth out of an old quarry here, it was 10.6 pounds! couldnt believe it, off a topwater jig as well. Nothing quite like seeing that SOB come up and strike taking it down. If i can sell my four wheeler anytime soon ill be buying a little bass boat. I like to fish in the rivers here, but its tough without a boat so mainly its lake/bank fishing. Fishing FTW!

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I did a lot of fishing in Utah, I am probably going to pick up some poles in the next month or two so my wife and I can do some fishing out here. Back in Utah, we fished big and small lakes - Cut Throat and Rainbow trout mostly. Biggest I caught was a 40lb. King Salmon in San Francisco Bay.

93lx

Established Member
Usually go fishing for Largemouth bass and catfish. I just go off the shore at the local lake, biggest channel cat I've caught was about 10lbs and biggest largemouth was 4 1/2lbs...don't have good luck with the big ones..lol I can't wait for it to warm up long enough to warm the lakes up around here!!

MachsFastr

Established Member
If any of you boys are in Georgia & fish, then the Georgia Outdoor News message boards rock for hunting & fishing. Georgia Outdoor News Forum - Powered by vBulletin :rockon: <~~ My username here is possum steak

I'm a member. 66POJ is my username. Just bought a boat a few weeks ago. I'll post pics when I take some.
Bass, bream, crappie, cats, trout(N. Ga.) and whatever else hits my line in central Ga.!
Biggest bass-10lbs
Biggest Bream-2 3/4lbs
Biggest Shellcracker- 3 1/2lbs
All mounted.
I also hunt and our Turkey season came in today. I had to work.:rollseyes

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I'm a member. 66POJ is my username. Just bought a boat a few weeks ago. I'll post pics when I take some.
Bass, bream, crappie, cats, trout(N. Ga.) and whatever else hits my line in central Ga.!
Biggest bass-10lbs
Biggest Bream-2 3/4lbs
Biggest Shellcracker- 3 1/2lbs
All mounted.
I also hunt and our Turkey season came in today. I had to work.:rollseyes

I'll look you up over there. It's a very active site.

Users who are viewing this thread