The Engine Compartment is Completed

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
I recently completed the engine compartment on the Bird, and thought I would post up a picture.

belton4.jpg

The only thing I still need to do, is replace the temporary fuel pressure line going to the gauge
in the hood. It has a YSi on iy, that I am holding down to 15 PSI for now. I will be adding a Snow meth injection over the Winter, then cranking up the boost.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Thanks. No numbers yet, but 700+ RWHP I am sure. I will get it dynoed after I either switch it to E85, or get the Snow kit on. I need the octane and air charge cooling from them so I can optimize the A/F ratio and timing. Right now I am running extra rich, and pulling a lot of timing, which both hurt HP.

Jefe

Established Member
talk about a sleeper. I wanna hear it!

GT500R

Established Member
definitely some sick potential going on in there....

is it hard to switch to E85?> What are the benefits?

from what I have read (in the past minute online) it has an octane of 100-105ish, is cleaner to burn, less expensive, BUT not a lot of gas stations have it available yet, and burns 25% faster (less gas mileage) then regular gas

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
definitely some sick potential going on in there....

is it hard to switch to E85?> What are the benefits?

Converting to E85 is not real hard. The main thing is the fuel system needs to be upgraded to deliver at least 40 % more fuel to cover any minor future changes also. Since mine is carbed, I will have the carb converted by Quickfuel. They put in metering blocks with larger passeges and jets. I already upfraded my Fuel system with bigger lines and a 250 GPH alcohol compatable pump. E85 cools the air charge as low as a meth system, and is 105 octane. I would not do it to a daily driver, since there still are not enough E85 stations. I am waiting on Bowling Green Ky to get one, then I will switch. Need one there so I can drive to BG, refuel, race for the day, then refuel to get back home. It is a 80 mile drive, and this does suck up its share of fuel. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, it has been a LONG project. I turn 65 next month, and still enjoy pulling the front wheels more that sitting in a recliner.

Full project here:
http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread