The Dreaded TICK

blacksnake04

Need for Speed
Established Member
I think I have it. I've also got a bad case of Tick Anxiety :whine:

I've searched and read through more posts than I can count. My tick is loud on a cold start but still noticeable after running hot for any length of time.

I'm confused because this noise is coming from the passenger side around the front wheel, not the driver side. Hood is closed. It's as loud if not louder than a couple sound clips I found on the forum. Driver side is quiet. When the engined has warmed up the sound can only be heard outside.

I don't know what injectors sound like but this definitely sounds like valve train to me.

I get on it from time to time but haven't been to the track and I haven't done any high speed runs over 120. Oil changes have been about every 3k give or take. I have 11k on a 04 built in 11/03.

I'm about to take it to the dealer but would like to have all my ducks in a row before I do. My mods are cai, exhaust and sfcs. I don't expect any problems with warranty coverage.

Advice from those who have already suffered through this is appreciated.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It could be an anihilated piston skirt, spun bearing or a few other things as well. I would remove as many mods as possible just to be sure that the warranty is not compromised by a dickhead dealership. The SFC's are fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread