The demon cobra from hell

stone4779

Established Member
Comon guys u gotta admit thats like the WORST luck EVER. lol

I was telling the guy that bought it he should name it "Black Hole" lol

stone4779

Established Member
Modded cars are rarely if ever a good choice for a daily driver.
Try this stuff with a Supra and add that list up.

When a car is hot rodded, it's reliability is compromised.

I am sorry to hear of your difficulty, but I am seeing a lot of red flags and mistakes, but the very worst one is not having a normal unmolested car available for daily driver usage or at least back up.

When I first started in this hobby all the guys who raced and built cars when I would ask them hot rodding questions... every single one of them, would tell me ...

The number one rule in Hot Rodding is:
DON'T **** WITH YOUR EVERY DAY TRANSPORTATION!

Your difficulties makes yet another case for this rule.

Yeah you're right.. Ive learned the hard way u need a good daily driver as backup so u dont have to be in a rush to get your hot rod back on the road.

BUT that being said I used to run neck and neck (sometime lose, sometimes win) with full bolton/pullied cobras ALL THE TIME in my cammed out LS1 Z28, I dogged the CRAP outta that car for YEARS and only thing I ever had to replace was the clutch slave cylinder in the T56. When I say I dogged it I mean I raced that thing every single week. Not just drag racing either, lots off sideways action, pretty much daily.

I missed that LS1 so much I went ahead and bought another(my 3rd LS1) back in September. Couldnt hold out any longer, just put in a big cam haha uh oh here we go again! lol I WAS going to put in a cammed out 418 LS3 but since I got robbed I have to wait now lol. DANG. Woulda been sick.

Either way Im happy with the goat, I figured at $12K I can afford to break some shit on the GTO lol

Last edited:

stone4779

Established Member
holyshit man you have some horrible luck!

You read all that shit huh? its crazy man...Its cool everything is a learning experience. I promise you I will never again:
1. Buy a DiabloSport Tuner to tune a car that already has a tune.

2. Go to the dealer to get "tuned back to stock".

3. Let ANYONE borrow my car (Sorry stepdad, not even you f*cker)

4. Sign for a package without checking to see if the item is damaged

5. Give a sh*t if my rear end breaks. XD

6. Get my vehicle towed by anyone I know(So I can sue them if they f*ck it up)

7. Store a SCT Livewire anywhere other than a locked vault where it cannot be touched(messed up)

8. Pay anyone to work on my car if I can do it myself, no matter how tired and busy and fed up I am. Nobody cares about your car as much as you do.

9. Buy a boosted car without verifying with compression and leakdown test

10. Not have an alarm on my house

11. Not have cameras

12. Trust people that I dont know

13. Own a Cobra XD

Sorry fellas but Ive been there done that and 03/04 Cobra is like that hot chick u always wanted to bang then you bang her and you realize how much of a biotch she is and you wise up - and hook her up with your homie. XD LMAO.

:poke:

Just kidding I MAY own another Cobra, just not as a daily driver. If I do, itl be just a weekend car :)

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
So how did you override the tune in the car if the dealer couldn't return the car to a stock tune..just curious..sorry for all the bad luck you have had :( like you said, you were the unfortunate buyer of the car that was most likely beaten on and having issues when they traded it in. Hopefully things turned around for you now.

stone4779

Established Member
So how did you override the tune in the car if the dealer couldn't return the car to a stock tune..just curious..sorry for all the bad luck you have had :( like you said, you were the unfortunate buyer of the car that was most likely beaten on and having issues when they traded it in. Hopefully things turned around for you now.

Actually when I got it, i burped it good the day I picked it up, and it ran fine, badass for the entire time I owned the car The clutch issue was probably my step-dad, but maybe not IDK. I let my brother take over the payments(best friend really but I say hes my brother). After he got it it was all downhill lol. Thats when things started sprialing lmao

The dealer probably could tune it back to stock, the just didnt. Charged me $130 and just gave it bback to me, I just didnt find that out til I ordered the Diablosport tuner, had it unlocked and verified it wasnt the tuner.

Diablos wont write over a tuned PCM at all. I had to sell it and get an SCT cuz they do.

I didnt take the car back to the dealer to get it done because if they will f*ck me for $130 on a retune back to stock imagine what else they got in store if I keep coming back lol :lol1: When things like that happen I usually just shake my head and move forward and let karma do its thing. It does :)

stone4779

Established Member

Thanks man, its ok I've had really good luck in other areas throughout my life so I guess I'll take it :) Water under the bridge :)

Things ARE turning around, even though Im unemployed(self employed I guess u could say) and Im all alone here, I have had some good luck in other areas and I really need a break from working working working anyways so maybe Ill get a house sitter and take a vacation(with nobodys cars or stuff left there of course lmao) :lol1:

swt99svt

Established Member
Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm glad I caught this thread because I thought I was the only one who lost the "luck of the irish" with my cobra. I feel even better about hooking you up with that alternator! :)

stone4779

Established Member
Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm glad I caught this thread because I thought I was the only one who lost the "luck of the irish" with my cobra. I feel even better about hooking you up with that alternator! :)

lol I think its probably more common than ppl make it out to be. Its part of the game I guess, especially with a car you dont know everything aout already

For instance after owning many many LS1s I could tell you eactly what to get to get the best bang for the buck and not miss a beat or any items right off the top of my heads

Cobra, Im learning. :) I had never owned a Ford before other than a beater Contour I had(which got me there til the timing chain broke and the trans seperated from the engine somehow sitting in traffic lol)

I gave Ford a chance, it was fun :) Ill buy another Ford too, just luck of the draw

Last edited:

stone4779

Established Member
so how much have you spent and will be spending lol?

For now I have not sat down and added it up, I used to have a spreadsheet but I know including what my homeboy put in and what I put in and what my other homeboy the new owner has put in? Guessing off the top of my head?

$15K?? IDK lol Im going to add up every cent because I have all the receipts. That way the new owner wont feel so bad about waiting for his car a lot longer lol. Honestly it WOULD have been wayyyy more if I had someone else do all the work. Only work farmed out was a fuel pump install(botched), rear end install/swap, and the head gaskets the LAST time(about 6 months before?) the engine/trans/springs/etc were dropped out the bottom. That was all my buddys doing though I totally woud have done all that sh*t myself lol I dont really like other people touching my car, especially now lol. Nobody cares more than you. Period.

Plus the original cost of the car which was $21900 if I remember right, plug TT&L and a "warranty" brought it to $22900 or $23900 shit I dont know somewhere aroud there lol.. man those were better days around here, when I could blow $1K a month on car parts and slap them on to keep me busy and happy.

Been a long ride but this freakin car is going to be sick if its the last damn thing I do :bash:

Hopefully everything gets here maybe by Friday or somtime early next week so we can get this thing together move on the the WOT fuel issue, if thats what the problem is anyways..I guess I will see...only other option is spark and the tune could be off, somehow, even though it was running 100% perfect before with the same tune. But I suppose with the different/lighter pistons with slightly lower compression ratio and higher flowing heads, the tune could be off. With the 2.76 instead of the 2.67 pulley it was tuned for, it should be even SAFER since it would be running slightly less timing.(I assume: Justin Starkey &@ VMP Tuning did the tune. Hes done countless Cobras)

Anyways lol im up late bored I was just venting. So yeah, it was a f*ckload of chash spent lol. More will be spent yes Im certain of it XD

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread