The definition of "wrapper'

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Yup, beautiful!!!!

Seeing cars in that condition is amazing. There's a local guy who has a limited edition white 93 vert with about 49.5 miles last time I say it. It is ungodly clean. He trailers it to shows, and then drives it to its assigned spot. Last I spoke with him, he was a little upset that he was going to have to redo his custom display sign as it says "under 50 miles" I think he joked he has about 2 shows until thats a lie. :lol I

ts a shame the seller doesn't post some larger, higher resolution pictures of that cobra.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Nice car. I wonder why it does not have all the original seat & carpet plastic in place. A car that low mileage out to have everything still in place like it rolled off the assembly line.

Too bad that car is not Teal on Black. If it were I'd buy it and drive it. I wanted that combo when they were new and could not find one. I ended up buying a used T/B in late '95. It would be nice to find that "new" 93 Cobra I always wanted.

DaveG

Established Member
Nice car. I wonder why it does not have all the original seat & carpet plastic in place. A car that low mileage out to have everything still in place like it rolled off the assembly line.
QUOTE]

every new svt that I bought (a bunch of cobras and lightnings) never had the plastic still in place. But this car is close enough to test drive...hehe.. anyone need me to test drive it???

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
QUOTE]

every new svt that I bought (a bunch of cobras and lightnings) never had the plastic still in place. But this car is close enough to test drive...hehe.. anyone need me to test drive it???

They all came new with plastic covers... Yours were prob. bought after dealer prep and the PDI flunky threw them away.

Usually when people buy cars as "investments" they get them just like they rolled of the line. Both the new Lightings and Mach1s that I bought all had plastics, grease markings, assy line stickers etc. when I picked them up.

SVT1993

Established Member
Mot many cars built like a 93 cobra in my mind. $28,000 is a steal. I would much rather drive it than a new Mustang.

DaveG

Established Member
i'm 6'4" and can't fit comfortably in a 93. The new stangs give me a lot of headroom! To me, much more comfy.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
i'm 6'4" and can't fit comfortably in a 93. The new stangs give me a lot of headroom! To me, much more comfy.

:??: I'm 6'4, ~ 260 and I fit comfortably in the fox. Now the 94-04 stangs, forget about it. I would gladly wedge myself into a fox if needed - I love them way too much!!

Speedfreek

Established Member
Wow someone is going to make 10k in a hurry. That car was on ebay a few weeks ago and the reserve was met at 18k with 8 day's left then the auction was ended early.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424098

Does the passengers side seat leather look loose to anyone or is it just me. Also no vin on front bumper unless it is under the bumber. Also non original SVT Cert and no mention of original window sticker or paperwork. Heck both my 6 and 8k mile cars still have the plastics in the floors and have the original plastic seat covers still in with them. This car isn't the wrapper that it should be with that kind of miles on it. But the car should do well now that it has detailed pictures and has been cleaned up like it should be.

Last edited:

DaveG

Established Member
I dont think my 01 lightning certificate had my name on it.. but i dont' remember.

Last edited:

SVT1993

Established Member
I was just looking in the 1993 Cobra registry (1993cobra.com) - for this car - #1630 - and it's not listed there. You would think that someone would want to enter every car that can be found into some type of registry. The 1993cobra.com registry has great info for all to enjoy - Thanks!

DaveG

Established Member
I was just looking in the 1993 Cobra registry (1993cobra.com) - for this car - #1630 - and it's not listed there. You would think that someone would want to enter every car that can be found into some type of registry. The 1993cobra.com registry has great info for all to enjoy - Thanks!

so when you said the cert is non-original, you mean,.. its from Ford but it was re-issued? I thought you might be implying that it was a fake.

Speedfreek

Established Member
so when you said the cert is non-original, you mean,.. its from Ford but it was re-issued? I thought you might be implying that it was a fake.

No it isn't a fake it is a re issued cert from Ford. The originals were mailed to the original purchasers when the cars were new. There was some discussion as to wheather or not this would add to the value of the cars many years down the road if they have the original cert as opposed to the re-issued ones. The originals had the guys that were over SVT at the time's signatures on them then as time has went on several other certs have been signed by different people over the years. Now looks like Edsel Ford is signing these. Also the re-issues have the name of the dealer that the cars were originally delivered to where as the originals did not.

Brian97vobra

Established Member

Speedfreek

Established Member
How do u know it was at $18k? In the original auction it ended early at $14k... I wonder what that guy ended up paying for it though? It's beautiful!!!

The car had a post on it the last time it was listed. I and several others saw it up to 18k and reserve was met. Then it was ended and all bids were canceled which put the price back at the starting bid of 14k.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Now this is just my 2 cents.......Dont take it the wrong way......
The car is extremely nice althought I never cared for Teal.But with a good detail and the correct lighting(which this car has) the car looks good. IMO the passengers seat does look a little loose and the white object under the seat appears to be a bread tie wrap of some sort.I dont want to go back and look at the pics but is there a pic of the odometer showing the actual miles?Plus for 200 miles the gas tank cover is dirty. Like I said before I'm extrememly particular to please because I've been detailing car for 20 plus years and I find even the smallest thing wrong with someone elses details. All in all its a nice car. Anyone know what it sold for?

Users who are viewing this thread