The Cobras dead in a KFC parking lot. need help!

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Turned the key forward, there was a pop, then nothing. Now all I can get is the dome light will come on occassioanly and the battery and the light next to it will light but dimly.

I checked all the fuses and there was one dead 20amp one. I looked at the schematic in the owners manual and swapped it with what was supposed to be for the cigarette lighter but now I get everything I had plus the door beep.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have access to a picture of an accurate fuse box schematic so I can try to work this out tommorrow?

Thanks in advance , Matt

It wont turn over or even get to point where it starts to and the lights dont work either.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
When I tried to start it afterwards I could hear a clicking when the door was open. Could that be the battery? I thought it might be from the fuse box but couldnt pinpoint it.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Definately battery related. Check connection first, replace battery second. Although, some cars have crappy alternators from the factory too. Charge the battery and get the car started, then unhook the negative cable on the battery, if the car dies, it's the alternator, if it still runs, it's the battery.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
shanker said:
When I tried to start it afterwards I could hear a clicking when the door was open. Could that be the battery? I thought it might be from the fuse box but couldnt pinpoint it.
battery or alternator.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Yeah, just jump it, but remember, these cars take a lot of juice, so you may have to make a direct connection between two batteries to get it to take the jump.. My exploere wasn't putting out enought power, so I direct connected it and BAM, got power!

Boosted 03

Established Member
Make sure there is not a chicken box blocking your Heat Exchanger. That family pack will get you every time. :D :-D

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
If you are under 36k it should still be under warranty. Call roadside have them tow it in and fix it!

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I replaced the fuse and we jumped it. It took a full 15 minutes to get it to crank. Then I drove it over to the dealership and explained everything.

They have to put in a new CD player anyway. It died with two CDs in it a few days a go.

BTW I'm at 11,000 miles. I got it with 2800 in February of '03.

Users who are viewing this thread