The Cobra Lives

Raindog

Established Member
September 5, 2010 I drove the snake to a mustang event at the Biltmore house, parked and walked around for a bit. When I returned to the car it wouldn't start. I rang a buddy that works at the estate garage and he brought a jump box, it was no help. We arranged to have her picked up there and brought home.

It was a sunday and the dealership was closed so I went to walmart and picked up a battery. It would spin over fine but wouldn't crank. Sbds was inconclusive and I tried a few parts but nothing seemed to work. She languished in the garage and life got in the way.

Roll the clock forward to last thursday, I got motivated and pulled out the fuel pressure tester. Hooked it up, cycled the switch and there was no pressure. Tried to bump it over and the battery was weak despite being on the tender since forever.

I picked up a 58 at work friday and sat it in the garage. Yesterday I put in the new battery and figured that I would bump it over just because. It fired right up. I took it up the street and back, parked it the driveway and washed a year's worth of accumulated dust off.

A little over a year later and it appears that the problem was first a dead battery and second a shithook new battery. I'm still shaking my head over this one but I picked up a bottle of octane booster today to deal with the less than stellar full tank of year old gas and will be changing the oil tomorrow because it was fouled with all of the cranking that I did trying to diagnose.

Jeez, well at least she's had a year off and the miles are super low. Now we need to catch up for lost time.

81604a4e.jpg

moot09

Established Member
Glad to hear you got the bugs worked out! Really sucks to walk into the garage and see your car sitting there wanting to be driven.

Users who are viewing this thread