The Caribbean Island talk thread

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've been to the Cayman Islands and Barbados. Cayman to me is one of those places you go to to get away from it all for a few days. A good chill place. Barbados had some interesting spots and I don't regret going there. But what are your favorite spots there and would you contemplate moving there?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought some Mount Gay Barbados Spiced Rum several years aho.

I was called a homo and it was awful.

Impact13

Established Member
I’ve been to quite a few islands but St. Maarten and Aruba were my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JimCSHO

Established Member
Some friends of ours lived on Grand Cayman for a couple of years. They said it was nice, but after a while they felt really isolated and after the 4th hurricane said it was enough. They live in Canada now.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Some friends of ours lived on Grand Cayman for a couple of years. They said it was nice, but after a while they felt really isolated and after the 4th hurricane said it was enough. They live in Canada now.
Cayman is kind of boring after a few days. Good chill place for a few days.

VegasMichael

Established Member
My grandparents on my mother's side during WW2 moved to Trinidad/Tobago because my grandpop was an architect and was sent there to help the war effort.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like they identified you correctly.

Don’t be jealous, this could be us.
8BFF3F1F-EE52-49A4-88E3-0A3F1580FE78.gif

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Caymans- nice
Jamaica -sucked (long story)
Roatan - nice
Not an island- Belize - very cool place

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Not technically the Caribbean to me but Bermuda? Anyone been?
Yes.

It’s hotter and more humid than you think it will be if you go during the summer. For me not a problem.
I used to go a lot. Very clean and safe with beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do. Haven’t been in about 5 years so hopefully it hasn’t changed.

Most of the Caribbean islands I won’t go to. Too much poverty and nonstop begging but beautiful beaches and great weather for you ColdCels.

I just prefer to go to Key West now if I want a Caribbean “feel” vacation. Doesn’t have the pristine beaches but I got that at home.

All the other comforts, feel and beauty of the Caribbean with the amenities of America but it is expensive to stay. Great food too.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yes.

It’s hotter and more humid than you think it will be if you go during the summer. For me not a problem.
I used to go a lot. Very clean and safe with beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do. Haven’t been in about 5 years so hopefully it hasn’t changed.

Most of the Caribbean islands I won’t go to. Too much poverty and nonstop begging but beautiful beaches and great weather for you ColdCels.

I just prefer to go to Key West now if I want a Caribbean “feel” vacation. Doesn’t have the pristine beaches but I got that at home.

All the other comforts, feel and beauty of the Caribbean with the amenities of America but it is expensive to stay. Great food too.
Actually hadn't considered that aspect. Saw a lot of that when I was in the Philippines. Didn't notice it in Cayman or Barbados though. Bermuda seems high on the go-to list .

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Actually hadn't considered that aspect. Saw a lot of that when I was in the Philippines. Didn't notice it in Cayman or Barbados though. Bermuda seems high on the go-to list .
If you want to go to a clean, beautiful safe island, and you want to drop megabucks go to Saint Barts.

prs97

Established Member
If you want to go to a clean, beautiful safe island, and you want to drop megabucks go to Saint Barts.

Stopped over there for a bit when we honeymooned in St. Maarten.

Wifey & I went there for an afternoon. She decided to go swimming but we didn't bring any towels, etc. with us.

So she buys a towel there...

...for $34 Euro...

...in 2004

I'm never throwing that thing away. It's still not fully depreciated yet in my opinion.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Stopped over there for a bit when we honeymooned in St. Maarten.

Wifey & I went there for an afternoon. She decided to go swimming but we didn't bring any towels, etc. with us.

So she buys a towel there...

...for $34 Euro...

...in 2004

I'm never throwing that thing away. It's still not fully depreciated yet in my opinion.

Now ask me about eating at restaurants there right on the water.

Wait. Don’t.

And I thought Mykonos was expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread