The biggest C-5 A-holer Ever....

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
On the way to work today, I spotted a red vert, c-5, with a white top. It had the nice exhaust tips from the factory, red interior, etc... Anyway, I paced him for few seconds then slowly pulled passed him in the middle lane. As I was SLOWLY passing him, I gave the throttle a little bit of dip in, just a little, to the SC whine and a MINUTE jump. He doesnt really react, so I just scoot passed him.

Well, this is where the fun starts, he darts out behind me and speeds up, so I gave the throttle the go... It was a real short burst, traffic was up ahead. As we are slowing down for the light, he rolls passed me and gives me a look of disgust and shakes his head. I could not believe it... At this point we are just inching through already stopping traffic at a red light, so I roll by him look at him quizzically and gave a good laugh...

As he was inching past me again, I rolled the window down, he looking real shitty, puts his down and says "WHAT!?"

"Whoa, chill out guy, what's the matter?"

"I'll tell you, It's you young kids and your shitty ****ing cars!"

At this he took the **** off, (or tried) I was already rolling in first, I gave it the gas, and pulled and passed him before the gear was over. This happened several more times... He would try to roar past me but I was always waiting for it, and I killed his shit over and over. Eventually, he fell ALL THE WAY BACK... Im talking like 1/8th mile back...

When I stopped to make a U-turn, I waved bye to him, but he wouldnt even look at me, he sat there FACE FORWARD, white knuckle grip on the wheel.

What a @@#$ing douche. I like Corvettes, I think they are sweet. But this guy, was a real tool.

Someone chime in and give me a name to call him, because I was and still am dumbfounded by his retardness...

Thanks for listening..

1BADZ06

Established Member
ya you beat him so you should be laughing at him, some guys are just jerks. Most of the time, the nicer the car the more attitude you get. I used to show my vette at corvette shows in 99-00 you talk about some rude guys, I had a TV and stereo and I got more BS talk about how i ruined a corvette and I was too young to have a nice car, so I simply stop going and found a younger crowd that I fit better with.

everytime you see the guy throw him a rev just to piss him off. ;)

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I know, Just the other day, i pulled over with a c5 owner and we chatted for about a half hour about our cars... Old people... sheesh...

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
everytime you see the guy throw him a rev just to piss him off. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

1bad,

what mods do you have so far?....what kinda of numbers are you puttin down. I raced a 03 Z06 with Borla Stingers and a Air lid...I have 2.8 pulley Preadator Tune K&N Bassani Cat-back...from a roll i pulled 3 cars on him...from a dry stop...I had DRAG radials..pulled even harder...But if he would have had a cam it would have been different story...Fast Car

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Sounds like he was just minding his business, and although it was unfair to you, since you don't have one, he's probably tired of all the teenagers with crappy rice and Hondas egging him to take-off...Mustang GTs even, probably.

Don't know if he mistook you for a GT, but if I were him, and I felt that way, I'd just leave behind whoever, and forget about them (which he probably usually can).

He probably didn't realize that with your car, backing off would've been the only way he could avoid dealing with you...:p

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
LOL -- your probably right. Even if he didnt do ANYTHING after I gave him a blip I wouldnt have thought anything of it... But he did come after me... Im sure with a red C5 he gets that shit all the time...

5.4 speedster

Banned
One corvette owner spoil it all?? Give me a ****ing break man. All I see in Arizona is scumbag vette owners. It doesn't matter if it's a 20 year old or a 60 year old man. It's almost like you are required to be a prick to own a vette. I have read alot of your posts and you seem cool as hell so don't take this the wrong way but I would honestly say 8 out of 10 vette owners are pricks that bought their car for the name.:nonono: Now, that being said I love the color of your car.

97DOHCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
But he did come after me... Im sure with a red C5 he gets that shit all the time...

He came after ya... probably doesn't know anything about anything except Vetts..

He is probably still pissed off....:cryying:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by carrrnuttt
Sounds like he was just minding his business, and although it was unfair to you, since you don't have one, he's probably tired of all the teenagers with crappy rice and Hondas egging him to take-off...Mustang GTs even, probably.

Don't know if he mistook you for a GT, but if I were him, and I felt that way, I'd just leave behind whoever, and forget about them (which he probably usually can).

He probably didn't realize that with your car, backing off would've been the only way he could avoid dealing with you...:p

Hehehe...........chill on the GT's bruh..........we're not all slow you know:rolleyes:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by NiteMareGT
Hehehe...........chill on the GT's bruh..........we're not all slow you know:rolleyes:

Never said that, but I'm assuming if 'Vette boy had actually been humbled by a GT, or any Mustang before this encounter, he probably would have been more wary of trying to pass the Mustang that's whistling next to him...:coolman:

1BADZ06

Established Member
Lprimo, I got air intake (headers in the garage) crane cam with 600 lift and slp exhaust. I am hoping once I get it all done with headers installed and cam to be about 400 rwhp.

Let me tell you that drag radials make all the differance in the world, I raced a stock z06 with drag radials and he spanked me, it was all out of the hole, he didnt spin in 1st or 2nd..I spin all the way though 3rd most of the time.

I hope you dont think im making excusses, I know that the cobra makes alot more power for alot less money and I think the cobra is a bad ass car, If I knew the people I know now...who knows I might have a cobra.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
"I'll tell you, It's you young kids and your shitty ****ing cars!"

You should've answered: "Well, I'm sick of you old farts and your slow ass Vettes". Just to boil his blood.

Seriously though, his attitude was uncalled for. He should've just ignored you. That's what I do with most of the ricers that give me sh!t.

There are a lot of Vette owners around where I live and so far NONE of them have given me any attitude in a long time.

The last bit of 'tude I can remember is when I first got my 99 GT (back in 1999). I raced a 99 C5 vert with an auto tranny. I got the jump and stayed ahead. He couldn't reel me in. After I shut down, he gave me a MAJOR flyby and kept going. That must've hurt.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Vette (especially a Z06) is one of my all-time favorite cars. I just don't like running into Vette owners who utter the words "F-bod has a 'detuned' Vette engine" - in reference to our LS1's. I'm usually like, OK buddy, I'm glad you think that's true (for his ego of course). Only thing more restrictive enginewise is the exhaust, and that's not even internal.
Anyhow, good kill(s), as you killed him multiple times. There's no reason for him to have reacted in the manner which he did.

Kenny H

Established Member
Its not that uncommon. Do you know many times I have had a C5 or older LT1 Vette for that matter ass-ume he would blow away my Formula cause it was 'detuned.'

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Vette (especially a Z06) is one of my all-time favorite cars. I just don't like running into Vette owners who utter the words "F-bod has a 'detuned' Vette engine" - in reference to our LS1's. I'm usually like, OK buddy, I'm glad you think that's true (for his ego of course). Only thing more restrictive enginewise is the exhaust, and that's not even internal.
Anyhow, good kill(s), as you killed him multiple times. There's no reason for him to have reacted in the manner which he did.

The best qoute to date from snobby Vette owners about Camaros........"It's a poor man's Corvette".......you F-Body guys ever hear this from any of them?

Users who are viewing this thread