The '05 Project

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
First round of parts came in. Only thing I've got put on so far is the shorty antenna and the silver horse racing rear honeycomb panel. Tomorrow the Steeda Tri-ax is going in along with the Pypes Muffler deletes. Then hopefully next week the hood stripe, CDC chin spoiler, and headlight splittlers will go on.

DSC_1637.jpg

DSC_1636.jpg

DSC_1635.jpg

DSC_1634.jpg

DSC_1633.jpg

DSC_1632.jpg

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Got the new pypes put on today. Its the Pypes muffler delete system. I love the way it sounds did the same thing on the old ladies car. For the money you can't beat it. I also installed new headlight and fog light bulbs, the headlight splitters, and a steeda shifter but I didn't get a chance to take pictures of those yet.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvi4S8lMLMM"]YouTube- VID00103.AVI[/nomedia]

Last edited:

gutta870

Established Member
I also have the pypes muffler delete... You can't beat the sound you get from them for that price.

I think I'm going to change mine soon because I have MAC LT's waiting to go on my car and I think it might be a little to loud with muffler deletes.

Congrats on your progress so far.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I also have the pypes muffler delete... You can't beat the sound you get from them for that price.

I think I'm going to change mine soon because I have MAC LT's waiting to go on my car and I think it might be a little to loud with muffler deletes.

Congrats on your progress so far.

Yeah it would deff. be too loud with LT's!

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Do you have any pictures of the rear panel from a further distance?

And how do you like the Tri-ax? I just ordered a MGW so I'm excited to get that thing on my car.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Do you have any pictures of the rear panel from a further distance?

And how do you like the Tri-ax? I just ordered a MGW so I'm excited to get that thing on my car.

Ill take some more pictures of it today. Im not a fan of the triax. You have to put too much effort into going into first and too much effort into going into second. I wish I would have either tried an MGW or just spent the money for what I really wanted a roush shifter and handle.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I can +1 on the TriAx, it came on my car, I'm not a big fan of it, its difficult to get into first + second gear sometimes. I'm switching to MGW ASAP. Also, my shifter squeaks really loud going from 3rd to 4th.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Is a shifter even worth putting in? How hard is the install? And the stock shifter really isn't that bad is it?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I can +1 on the TriAx, it came on my car, I'm not a big fan of it, its difficult to get into first + second gear sometimes. I'm switching to MGW ASAP. Also, my shifter squeaks really loud going from 3rd to 4th.
Glad Im not the only one!!!

Is a shifter even worth putting in? How hard is the install? And the stock shifter really isn't that bad is it?

No the stock shifter isn't that bad. I just wanted something with a shorter throw.

clc44

Established Member
I like the black hurst ball. I actually like the look of the stock shift knob lol. I think my first few mods are going to be JLT/SCT X3 tuner, o/r x pipe, 4.30 FRPP and DR's to hook. Hoping that will get me knocking on 12's door in good air (i'm at sea level)

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
More mods are coming soon....she is gonna see a lot of straight line racing soon.

The parts pile is building and everything should be installed by around the 1st of novemeber.

4.56 gears
JLT CAI
Diablo Tuner
Motion Delete Plates
Steeda Underdrive Pullies
Ford Racing X-Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread