That's more f@#$ing like it!!!!

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
Ever since I the T5 swap I have been trying to figure out why my car doesn't have the get up and go that it did when the motor was in the Turbo Coupe. I thought it was a result of the fact that I was running so pig rich and foulded plugs, not having time to diagnose this problem doesn't help much. So today I had some time and i decided to figure out why my car had such a lack of power. I decided to pull my plugs I expected them to be really fouled up, as a result of my rich condition, but to my surprise they weren't? So I decided to check my timing and maybe up it a couple of degrees. So i hook up the timing light and see what I get...... 10 degrees just like I should, but then I realize that I didn't remove the spout!!! DOH!! So I pull the pill and the timing drops down to zero degrees! Last time I set it I must have forgot to pull the pill out! DUH ME!! So I crank her up to 10 degrees with the spout disconnected like it should be, clean up and see what kind of change that made. I let her warm up and I hit I good stretch of road, put my foot down and THERE'S THE POWER THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!!

So when can I turn up the boost and who wants to race me??? Next on tap get my AFPR and fix the rich condition remount the intercooler to a better location (or a front mount) and up the boost from 11 to 18psi!

Damn I am aching to get to the track to see what this baby can do! This car is a completely different car than to what it was this morning!

Darryl

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Good for you, I think everyone that wrenches on their own car waits to find that "Oh shit I didnt try that" moment and have it pay off!!

I really dig your avatar! Homer is God, when I grow up I want to be Homer J. Simpson

A

Users who are viewing this thread