thats it im just gonna push my car off a bridge

nasty99

Established Member
New BBK clutch cable was installed a week ago. But the past 2 days the cable feels so damn hard to push down. I don't have weak legs, but this is pretty hard to push. Its to the point where I'm pullin on the steering wheel at somepoints to get the pedal down. And it seems more difficult to go into gear. I downshifted into third earlier and when I did she wouldn't pull out of third til I pushed down on the clutch a couple times and finally got it into 4th . -___- wtf.

nasty99

Established Member
And now you know why we told you to get a stock cable in your other thread.

There was nothing I could do the shoop already ordered it.. Besides I figured it would last more than a week. I plan on gettin rid of it at the end of summer anyways. I hope its not the cable.

renxwar

Established Member
There was nothing I could do the shoop already ordered it.. Besides I figured it would last more than a week. I plan on gettin rid of it at the end of summer anyways. I hope its not the cable.

I'd hope it was the cable if it was me. Otherwise it could be the clutch, which costs a good bit more than a new cable.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
No way your cable is fine it doesnt make the clutch harder to push in
The only things that cause that are the pressure plate or an aftermarket quadrant with a steaper ramp that pulls more clutch cable.

Why would you just change the cable?

nasty99

Established Member
No way your cable is fine it doesnt make the clutch harder to push in
The only things that cause that are the pressure plate or an aftermarket quadrant with a steaper ramp that pulls more clutch cable.

Why would you just change the cable?

Funny story actually. Turns out the shop that put in my clutch put the cable on the wrong fork of the pedal. Cable snapped within 4 months. So do yous think If I adjust it from the firewall adjuster I can make it better? The car has only 45k on it. It should not be anything major.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
It shouldnt be harder to push still enless the components where changed I just did the mods for this make my clutch release faster. I used stock cable fiore micro click adjuster and steeda quick release quadrant
It made it a little harder to push but not what you are discribing?

Is everything stock besides the cable

nasty99

Established Member
It shouldnt be harder to push still enless the components where changed I just did the mods for this make my clutch release faster. I used stock cable fiore micro click adjuster and steeda quick release quadrant
It made it a little harder to push but not what you are discribing?

Is everything stock besides the cable

Yea its a ram clutch setup with a firewall adjuster, and a bbk cable. Only other thing down there that isn't stock is the aluminum flywheel that's from my old king cobra setup.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
After everyone told you to get the stock ford cable you still let the shop install the POS bbk overpriced cable?

Try placing the cable on a different hook on the quadrant

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I'll probly get flak for this but I've been running a steeda cable, quadrant, and adjuster for 3 years now without issues. I've put around 14K on it since the install. Still on the original clutch too :D 42K on the ticker.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yea its a ram clutch setup with a firewall adjuster, and a bbk cable. Only other thing down there that isn't stock is the aluminum flywheel that's from my old king cobra setup.

What about the quadrant? Is it stock or did it get replaced with an aftermarket aluminum piece?

I'll probly get flak for this but I've been running a steeda cable, quadrant, and adjuster for 3 years now without issues. I've put around 14K on it since the install. Still on the original clutch too :D 42K on the ticker.

I think you're the first person I've heard about that hasn't had a problem.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Funny story actually. Turns out the shop that put in my clutch put the cable on the wrong fork of the pedal. Cable snapped within 4 months. So do yous think If I adjust it from the firewall adjuster I can make it better? The car has only 45k on it. It should not be anything major.

No. If the cable has snapped adjusting the wall wont help. Pedal pressure is high because you dont have the entire cable doing the job. This happened on mine. You need to replace the cable and then change the firewall adjuster accordingly

Users who are viewing this thread