"That Racing Channel" vid of my car making some runs in the 8.6 to 8.3 range

Bud

Established Member
Figured I would share, That Racing Channel on youtube made a pretty cool vid of my car, check it out. All the runs in this vid were with the 60mm magnum turbos. The block is getting sleeves over the next few weeks then we are going to throw some more boost down it's throat with some precision 6266's. Can't wait to see what it'll pick up with some more boost and more efficient turbos. Hopefully TRC will be back out to roll some more video after the car comes back out

[youtube_browser]VNZDAOxdIbs[/youtube_browser]

Bud

Established Member
Will this car be at NMRA's event in Bowling Green later this year?

Yup, we were there last year and plan to be back this year with the car. Had too good of a time last year to not go again, even if it is 1200 miles of towing each way.

We should have a group of 4 or 5 cars heading east from Colorado for the BG event this fall.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Awesome! Hopefully the rain will stay away this year. What class will you be running in so I can keep an eye out?

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Very nice passes. I made my predictions in the comments of the vid.
Car looked smooth and fast every pass.
Congrats.

Bud

Established Member
Awesome! Hopefully the rain will stay away this year. What class will you be running in so I can keep an eye out?

Yeah, we had a lake in our pit area, luckily we were in the paved section of the pits though. Not sure what class I'll run. MM and Opencomp are limited to 8.59 and slower. It may be some random bracket class if they have one that allows low 8's.

Very nice passes. I made my predictions in the comments of the vid.
Car looked smooth and fast every pass.
Congrats.

Thanks man. I think 7's is a tall order. We were pushing 21psi out of the little 60/64.5 cast magnums with .68 A/R hotsides though, so they had to be close to the end of their efficiency. I would bet the billet 6266's with .81 hotsides pick up a little even at the same pressure. Hopefully we can squeeze a little more out of the 60' and ramp boost in a little quicker. Then when needed, start throwing more boost at it.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Thanks man. I think 7's is a tall order. We were pushing 21psi out of the little 60/64.5 cast magnums with .68 A/R hotsides though, so they had to be close to the end of their efficiency. I would bet the billet 6266's with .81 hotsides pick up a little even at the same pressure. Hopefully we can squeeze a little more out of the 60' and ramp boost in a little quicker. Then when needed, start throwing more boost at it.

Yep, you will definitely pick up going from .68 to .81 turbine housings, as well as upgrading compressor and turbine wheels with the 6266's. Just keep an eye on your back pressure when you start cranking the boost and you'll be GTG. (IE: No more than 2:1 back pressure to boost pressure.) You might need to upgrade hot side piping size if you have any BP issues, but you will still have one upgrade to go with before that if you max out the 6266's. And that would be 6466's. Some have even upgraded wastegate discharge pipe sizes to help control BP when pushing a combo, this does help. One thing a lot of racers overlook when up sizing piping is trying to run 3" or 3.5" pipes out the back or under the car for turn downs. Most people forget all about Spintech's round to oval tubing transitions. These transitions could be the solution for larger piping under the car and for Over Axle pipes.

Definitely keep us posted and congrats on your progress.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread