that DAMN clutch..

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
i know there are all of these clutch threads going on, but i figured i'd post my 0.02 cents..

so recently, a little over 2k miles ago - in order to save some money i purchased a stock clutch and pressure plate..
i dropped the trans, put in a new TB - mine was definitely shot, and everything else.. put some new gm synchromesh in as well.

all was great, smooth shifting, etc..
now i am a racer (stock input ftl) although i don't ever have problems with wheel hop, scratching, bangin' the gears, etc..

today, after giving her a slight burn in first, all of a sudden became very hard to shift.. well i adjusted the clutch quite a few times with no success.
well i figured it might give up after a while, maybe a cool down?
so we parked at the top of a parking garage to chill out, have a smoke..
so i get back in her, start it up, and try to put it in reverse - ahh that horrid grinding sound..
i always cycle to second then to reverse and never have issues..
now on my last clutch it started having the same symptoms i am having now:
engagment is right at the floor almost, reverse grinds, shifting even under no load is strenuous..

i guess it is time to step up and buy a spec 3+, mccleod tb, 26 spline, flywheel, quad, etc..

however, what is a good economical, easy to drive clutch that can take a beating?
i was planning on spraying around a 100 dry for a lil' bit (debating it really) but i am definitely going a 2.6H no later then next tax season.

my issue is this: i do race, i only burned this ever so minutely like two to three times tops! i do launch and know how to launch on my drags.. i never scratch or bang gears ever, and 2,000 miles later this!

opinions on this matter, and opinions on aftermarket clutches that will work for me now as well as hold out for when i can get the big 2.6H? i just need something i can trust, that i know will last, and not give out unexpectedly..

:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread