THANKYOU to Steve @ DYNO-WORKS

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Hey guys with GT500s in the Midwest, we have a new savior, Steve@DYNO-WORKS.

After melting two pistons 2 months ago on the stock block, Steve(SRK1959), BJ(Vnmous) and Brian(Skyhighsd) came to my aid to make sure I was able to drive about 20miles to Steve's shop Dyno Works. I couldn't have taken it to a better place. He gave me a GREAT deal on a new Ford GT block, Ford GT cams and labor to remove and install old and new engine w/dynotuning =$2800. AESRACING.net built the engine(Diamond Pistons, Manley Pro-Series Billet I-beam rods, Ported heads etc.)

I haven't found out for sure but I believe the cause of the stock engine running lean was the dual boost-a-pump failing after 6 months of use. Ford GT fuel pumps replaced the stockers and this time no boost a pump. Steve did a great job on the tuning the TVS 707rwhp 713rwtq @ 6300rpm @ 18deg of timing, 19lbs of boost, 11.4 A/F to be on the safe side. The race tune 734rwhp 734rwtq @ 23deg of timing.

I know I'm under using this engine set-up, but this is as far as I want to go for now. I was lucky to make it home today with the car in one piece in this snow. See ya'll @ Great Lakes Dragaway!

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Hey guys with GT500s in the Midwest, we have a new savior, Steve@DYNO-WORKS.

After melting two pistons 2 months ago on the stock block, Steve(SRK1959), BJ(Vnmous) and Brian(Skyhighsd) came to my aid to make sure I was able to drive about 20miles to Steve's shop Dyno Works. I couldn't have taken it to a better place. He gave me a GREAT deal on a new Ford GT block, Ford GT cams and labor to remove and install old and new engine w/dynotuning =$2800. AESRACING.net built the engine(Diamond Pistons, Manley Pro-Series Billet I-beam rods, Ported heads etc.)

I haven't found out for sure but I believe the cause of the stock engine running lean was the dual boost-a-pump failing after 6 months of use. Ford GT fuel pumps replaced the stockers and this time no boost a pump. Steve did a great job on the tuning the TVS 707rwhp 713rwtq @ 6300rpm @ 18deg of timing, 19lbs of boost, 11.4 A/F to be on the safe side. The race tune 734rwhp 734rwtq @ 23deg of timing.

I know I'm under using this engine set-up, but this is as far as I want to go for now. I was lucky to make it home today with the car in one piece in this snow. See ya'll @ Great Lakes Dragaway!

Good to hear that you're back up and running! It was big bummer when that happened during our last race.
See ya next spring buddy! :beer:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Good to hear you are back up and running, I was wondering whatever happened. That had to be the longest drive home ever......lol I think it was 400 miles later when I finally got home. Sounds like a nice build hope you added a A/F gauge to the car also:-D

srk1959

Established Member
Thanks much for the great write up Kali! You have a powerful and "safe" setup now. I know for sure because I put about 300 miles on it in addition to 2 days on the dyno and as the guys from GLD know I am not afraid to be a little hard on them! Just wanting to make sure that once you got it back there were no worries.

AES racing did a great job on the engine build, it fired right up. No weird noises or any problems whatsoever. Thanks to bj referring me to Larry at Speed Inc, who then told me about AES everything went smooth with the build.

There is more power to be had, I went very conservative on both timing and a/f on the 93.... and the race tune even has a little room left.

I will say everytime I work with or race a TVS equiped GT500 I sure miss mine. The Whipple 2.9 I have makes more power than I can use at the track with my driving abilities but it is so easy to make very close to the same hp with the TVS and with much less hassle.

I am hoping for a fun summer this coming year, and if you are mile per houring higher than me in the 1/4 I will have a 2.9 for sale!

Steve

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Good to hear you are back up and running, I was wondering whatever happened. That had to be the longest drive home ever......lol I think it was 400 miles later when I finally got home. Sounds like a nice build hope you added a A/F gauge to the car also:-D

The gauges and the JLT catch cans will be installed later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread