Thanks to everyone for your help on 98/KB

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Due to illness I was not able to spend the time I wanted on the project, but I finished it!!!!! Turned the key 15 minutes ago and it fired right up!
:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:
I was a little nervous when I turned the key, what a relief when it roared; what a great feeling! I triple checked all hoses for leaks and brought it up to normal temp. before I shut her down. Now I'm going crazy because it is raining.....almost enough for me to drive it in the rain for the first time! :cryying: I will take a couple of picks and send them on Monday... I left my camera adapters at work and I am on spring break this week! :mj: Thanks again for all your time, information and efforts! :bowdown:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Can't wait to hear about those performance numbers. You've got to get it dyno'd. You may make me start saving for one. I just wish there was a way to put a KB on there and still use the stock plenum cover with the snake on it. I really like the stock look of the 96-98 Cobra intake.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Congrads man! With that KB you'll deffinitly have trouble hooking in the rain lol. I've watched the post you had about the progress and Im glad it turned out well :)

gotta love KB!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I'm glad everything workout for you. Time to put that beast on a dyno to check a/f and rwhp. Whatever you do wait till the roads are dry and get a set of drag radials.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
cobra4v said:
I'm glad everything workout for you. Time to put that beast on a dyno to check a/f and rwhp. Whatever you do wait till the roads are dry and get a set of drag radials.

That is my next step, to find a reputable dyno place in the Seattle area.
:shrug:

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
Can't wait to hear about those performance numbers. You've got to get it dyno'd. You may make me start saving for one. I just wish there was a way to put a KB on there and still use the stock plenum cover with the snake on it. I really like the stock look of the 96-98 Cobra intake.

I agree, the snake does look great on the engine. However, that polished KB makes quite a statement when you pop the hood. :burnout: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread