Thanks Shawn at SOCALDIABLO

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
Just wanted to share my experience with Shawn at SOCALDIABLO. I had been piecing together a pulley kit for a couple of months, doing research on the various products and venders available. The final component was down to either a Diablo chip or Predator; I chose the Predator. I had only seen good posts about Amazon Racing and chose them along with a custom tune from Rick to backup my 2.81 pulley. I did everything I could, but couldn't get the Cobra to stop detonating. Talking with Amazon we couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I did some research and found a number of posts thanking Shawn for fixing their detonation issues. I called him up and he was great, he spent a lot of time walking me through the whole process of sending and receiving tunes on the predator. He sent me a custom tune and everything was great; by the way, all of this was at no charge.
I put the car on the dyno yesterday and my tune was much more stable than my friends Predator tune. It not only made more power, but the air fuel was stable on the rich side at 11.2:1. I could probably get a few extra horses out of the tune, but I'm trying to be safe.
Now don't get me wrong, both Rick & Linn have been great, in fact they have sent additional tunes to try and fix the problem. I have just seen a lot of negative posts concerning Shawn and wanted to post my experience. Thanks Shawn!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Mail Order chips usualy dont work that well for us Cali Folks.
Crappy 91octane......Ur not the only one who had issues with that.

Id say ur playing it safe....but then again better then being sorry ;-) . Local Tuners is the way to go :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread