THANK YOU, Apten!!!

rueljr

Established Member
Just returned from the dyno and thanks to Apten, I gained 36 HP. The car went from 455 HP/482 TQ to 491 HP/486 TQ with no other changes. This is just with the standard Predator pulley tune set to max rich.

Ya gotta LOVE these cars.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
WTF :mj:

mine went from 453 to 474 hp and 485 to 496 tq.... Im gonna redyno one more time with a cooldown before I throw a fit

jguerrero

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs

mine went from 453 to 474 hp and 485 to 496 tq.... Im gonna redyno one more time with a cooldown before I throw a fit

ya that seems wierd, with your mods I would think that you would made it over 500/500. Try a different dyno and see what you get.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member

lets say your first time at the dyno you let your car cool down..

and you get XXX

now you go back after getting the porting done

dont let your car cool and you get XXX

the difference will be less from dyno time A to dyno time B

just an idea

also dyno numbers dont mean a hole lot

same day same dyno

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Unbelievable! 2 grand in mods and 491 HP! Boy would I have done things differently if I had to do it over again! Congrats on the numbers and it was nice meeting you today. Must be nice to have your car sit for a couple hours before you dyno....lol. You knew I had to get a jab in! Now I just gotta figure out why mine is so damn lean. I wonder which dyno's A/F numbers is right? Sweet looking car BTW, get some pics on here!

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member

dubs i posted the same thing in the other post, replying to you. but just in case , here it is again.

dubs - just to give you an idea of how bad a hot car can effect a dyno. one time i drove 1 1/2 hours in traffic to the dyno, while occasionally beating on it. parked it and let it cool for 1/2 an hour. i dynoed 429 rwhp and 434 rwtq STD!!!! i went back the next weekend, with no changes what so ever. let the car cool for about 1 1/2 hours and dynoed 452 rwhp and 466 rwtq. 33 rwhp and 32 rwtq difference in it being heatsoaked. trust me your making more power then you think. ;-)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS03COBRA
dubs i posted the same thing in the other post, replying to you. but just in case , here it is again.

dubs - just to give you an idea of how bad a hot car can effect a dyno. one time i drove 1 1/2 hours in traffic to the dyno, while occasionally beating on it. parked it and let it cool for 1/2 an hour. i dynoed 429 rwhp and 434 rwtq STD!!!! i went back the next weekend, with no changes what so ever. let the car cool for about 1 1/2 hours and dynoed 452 rwhp and 466 rwtq. 33 rwhp and 32 rwtq difference in it being heatsoaked. trust me your making more power then you think. ;-)
That is good news John, considering I was a little disappointed in 506/536 today. This was right off the street after spirited driving though. I really need to trailer over there and just see what kinda number it will put up!

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
HP is a function of torque, so there was probably a significant torque increase up high although it doesn't show up as a "peak" gain.

Brian

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
Question,

HP increase was 36HP and Torque just 4lbs. Were'nt you disappointed with the torque output?

the higher the tq is over the hp , the more inefficient the blower is. the apten makes the eaton alot more efficient flowing more air. hence , the exceptional hp gain and marginal tq gain.

MightyMo

Established Member
that gain in HP won't be felt at the rear wheel, right?

despite the low torque increase, is it still worth it to go Apten?

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member

You made a much better torque gain though.

kpinco

Established Member
Great numbers!!! Forget the TB!!!!! It was nice meeting you today!! Let us know how your lowering project goes on Sunday. I might stop by to check out the progress.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Guys, first great numbers on the dyno! As far as how much a heat soaked engine impacts dyno numbers my car put up exactly 10rwhp more HP when it was cold, I told them to keep making pulls until the number stabilized as that was all that mattered to me. Please don't make the car a dyno queen.. that only sets you up for loud laughs by the LS1 guys who have their stuff running right and can shift well and your 500.136 rwhp Cobra gets left behind. IMO you should use the real heat soaked numbers and then not worry about it, take it to the track and learn how to get better than a 2.0 60' and learn how to shift fast so that you can represent. Just my .02.

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread