Th400 with Gear Vendors OD

novi2000

Established Member
Here is a pic of the Th400 with the Gear vendors installed.

TH400.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
pretty BAD ASS setup! I was contemplating using a c4 with a gear vendor overdrive on my turbo coupe. Too much money for my budget build. Let us know how splitting the gears works for you. Sounds like lots and lots of fun.
Are you using an electric controller for the splitting?

novi2000

Established Member
pretty BAD ASS setup! I was contemplating using a c4 with a gear vendor overdrive on my turbo coupe. Too much money for my budget build. Let us know how splitting the gears works for you. Sounds like lots and lots of fun.
Are you using an electric controller for the splitting?

Keep your eyes open for a used GV that is what I did. I am going to most likely control it with my Fast XFI ECU.

novi2000

Established Member
Why go TH400 with GV, when a 4L80 is a TH400 w/ OD, for half the cost and its lighter.

The 480LE would have been ALOT more expensive for me because I got the Gear vendors used. With the GV you can make WOT Highway pulls in OD and it will stay together. With the 480LE the OD is meant for cruising not WOT.

novi2000

Established Member
Got the car up an running, and started tuning so far the car is making 795 rwhp with the boost turned down and the timing pulled out.

LDiablO

Established Member
Very cool, keep us posted on how it drives and how you do on the track, im interested to see bow the 400 holds up to the power you have, im not to far from you in power.

novi2000

Established Member
Got the car out it is alot faster than it was with the 6 speed. It does not show the power on the dyno that it did with the t56 at the same boost setting, but it comes on way harder and pulls. The Th400 will hold up with no problem.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Good to see this combo, id liekly just go 4l80 if i go auto int he future. With the power your making or me an auto is just the smarter move, way more consistent and defiently faster.

novi2000

Established Member
Its been a few years back and i dont remeber the Drive shaft length.

I have seen used G.V. units anywhere from $900 - $1400.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
It looks like there are a few different th400 GV units available. What one do I need for this project? I can measure the driveshaft so that's not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread