Texas hold em pros, help!

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Long story short, my cousins brother-in-law passed in a tragic accident 6 years ago today. Every year he holds a huge Texas hold em tournament in his memory. I understand the basics, and how to play. Just looking for some tips or strategies. Any suggestions?

This useless post brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk.

tistan

Established Member
If you want to play a hand, don't just bet the blind. If you raise you can bully people, who would have called the blind, out of the hand. If you get to the river and the other player checks always bet something. You don't want to show your hand unless you get called and have to.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
dont be afraid to lose a couple bluffing either....if you only ever bet when you've got something good, they'll start folding every time you bet

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Cool. Thanks. Im playing now.
a693781c-768b-0ac2.jpg

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Best help is being able to read people and their actions. If you can't do that you're going to be at a huge disadvantage being an amateur at the game. I'd just play very very conservative until you get the hang of it. That is the best advice you're going to get.

redrocket16

Established Member
Or play like a crazy MOFO and no one will ever know if you have a hand or not and you could be sitting out watching after only a hand or 2 or have a large stack after a hand or 2.

Just remember that the best pre-flop hand (2 aces) can always loose and the worse starting hand can always win (7-2 offsuit). Some people get sucked into thinking just cuz their hand WAS good they still are and don't know how to fold.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Ended up placing fourth out of 41 people. Ironically first thru third paid out. None the less had a great time. I took the advice and used it to the best of my ability..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread