Testing Waters: Shelby GT500 Shortblock

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I am selling the shortblock out of my 2007 Shelby GT500. It's assembled and ready to be matted with your heads and turn your regular ford into a 800+ hp capable beast! It's in perfect shape and runs hard. It's a 5.4L iron block with forged mahle pistons, forged crank and cracked forged i beam rods. I have put 8,100 miles on it, mostly from driving from Los Angeles to Chicago. The shortblock cost $8,000 from ford, I am asking $3,000 or best offer.

Kenne bell has tested this shortblock up to horsepower levels over 810rwhp (over 900 at the engine!!!) without any failure!

This is a perfect motor for a lightning truck upgrade or a cobra R upgrade. It would also be a great start for a 5.4L swap into a 4.6L, or 5.0L mustang or other vehicle. 2, 3, and 4 valve ford heads will work with this motor! Perfect for n/a or forced induction!

Pistons Forged aluminum
Connecting Rods Cracked forged steel I-beams
Bore x stroke 3.552 x 4.165 in. / 90.2 x 105.8 mm
Displacement 330 cu. in. / 5,409 cc
Compression ratio 8.4:1

The only reason for the sale is because I intend to build a motor that will handle over 1000rwhp, and so far this motor hasn't been tested at that levels yet (not saying that it couldn't handle it). I have yet to see of hear about an engine failure from a Shelby! This motor is stout.

The shortblock is still installed in my Shelby, but can be delivered within less than one month of date of sale. I will not put any more miles on it, as my car is parked for the winter.

Last edited:

fast black gt

why r u thinking of getting rid of it? I am up in gurnee just north of u. I am building my car and a 5.4 would be great. do the gt500 have the iron block or the aluminum block?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
jdhallissey said:
why r u thinking of getting rid of it? I am up in gurnee just north of u. I am building my car and a 5.4 would be great. do the gt500 have the iron block or the aluminum block?
It's iron...it's a very strong block...

Being that my car is heavy, I'd like to start off with the Ford GT block to lose some weight. Hell the FGT block itself is going to cost as much as my whole shortblock for sale.

RTStabler51 said:
thanks

fast black gt

haha that is true- I was looking at the FGT bare block and boring it over to a 358 ci -- I dunno- Good Luck with the sale. Maybe i can cruise down to u and check out your car. Your only 35 mins away. Sweet car and a cool guy to deal with.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
jdhallissey said:
haha that is true- I was looking at the FGT bare block and boring it over to a 358 ci -- I dunno- Good Luck with the sale. Maybe i can cruise down to u and check out your car. Your only 35 mins away. Sweet car and a cool guy to deal with.
358, eh...don't give me any ideas now. :smmon:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
steeltoe said:
the GT 500 motor is the exta same as the Ford GT only its cast iron. Stock Ford GT has been taken to 1500hp
we have very similar pistons and different rods.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
did you move to Illinois? :??:

man this is so tempting..... i just bought a f150 with an L top end. this would be perfect to swap in....

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
svt4stv said:
did you move to Illinois? :??:

man this is so tempting..... i just bought a f150 with an L top end. this would be perfect to swap in....
yeah, i moved...and it would be perfect for your f150...you should be able to throw 20lbs or more at this from that combo.

Users who are viewing this thread