testing waters: entire personal LAN

joec

Established Member
Just thought i'd test the waters to see if there's any interest in this, or if i'd be better of selling everything individually if i decided to sell.

For Sale: Home based LAN

3 cpus, 2 monitors, 3 keyboards, 3 mice, 1 broadband WAN router, and network cable for everything.

here's the specs on the machines:

Machine 1: Dell Dimension 2400. 2.4 gigahertz, 1 gig of ram, 37 gig harddrive, CDRW, Windows XP

Machine 2: Dell Dimension 2400. 2.4 gigahertz, 512 mb ram, 74 gig harddrive, CDRW, Windows XP (Machine 2 possibly has a bad sound card)

Machine 3 (server): IBM 300PL, 600MHZ, 128mb ram, 10gig harddrive, CD-rom, floppy drive, currently running FreeBSD 5.4, will either format and reinstall freebsd 5.4 freshly for you, or just format and leave it blank for you to put whatever OS you want.

BroadBand Router: http://www.edimax.com/html/english/products/BR-6524.htm pretty nice router, you're supposed to be able to link 2 broadband connections to it and utilize bandwidth from both connections. i have NOT tried this approach yet. the documentation on it explains how it works, and i've read reviews on how it works on the internet. but right now it serves it's purpose. it has very nice packet filtering software included with it.

like i said, i just want to test the waters and see if anybody would be interested or not. the only software that is included with this deal would be the Windows XP restore cds for the Dells, and i'll throw in the 3 cds needed to install FreeBSD. the only documentation included is the router's manual.

So let me know if you're interested, or if you're interested in just a single item, let me know.

asking $750.00 obo.
breakdown:
2 Dell machines, 300 a piece = 600
1 ibm machine = 70.00
1 dual wan router = 100

and that's not even including the 872mb of ram i installed, or the network cable.

[email protected]
or private message me.
or reply to this thread

Users who are viewing this thread