test & tune @ Capitol - 15AUG14

lindermant

Established Member
'05 mustang gt - test & tune @ Capitol - 15AUG14

Went to the Friday night test & tune at Capitol Raceway (MD) last night. First run with the new 15" rear wheels and tires, need to figure out what tire pressure and shock settings works best with these taller sidewalls...

9aug2_zps7ebdc2a7.gif

Best run of the night was a 12.532 @ 108.37, with a 1.644 60' (best 60' to date, previous best was 1.652). I'm still a tad slower than my PB from last fall at MIR (12.425) but I'm getting there.

31BA573B-AA6F-4F31-B1A1-E024E125AD2A_zps3jlqmhcv.gif

launched at around 5k (ish) rpm each run, shifting at 6500. Tire pressure set to 18psi cold for first run, dropped to 17.5psi cold for runs 2-3, and ended up at 17psi cold for the last run. I had my 12v compressor, but didn't feel like adjusting it.

N/A 302rwhp, cobra jet springs, strange single adj struts/shocks (front struts set to full soft, rear shocks set to +3 clicks from full soft). UCA in upper hole, LCA's in middle hole on BMR relo brackets, full interior, gutted trunk, 1/4 tank of gas. Weighed the car at a recycling yard earlier in the day with all my gear and 1/8th tank of gas and it was 3520 lbs (3291 lbs w/out driver/helmet/12v compressor). DA was reported at 500' (airdensityonline) or 1350' (drag times). It might be time to watch for a good used handheld DA calculator, as these online tools have such a variance...

I think I'll start at 18psi and work my way up on the next outing. I figure these tires needed a couple of passes before I launch off the limiter.

This was my first trip to Capitol, and despite the horrible Friday afternoon beltway traffic getting there, I liked it. They had pro-mods testing last night for a race today, so the prep was very good.

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Definitely something to be proud of! There aren't any 3v's around here running what you run even with cams swaps! A local guy has an auto 08 with a P1SC and he is slower than you!!! You definitely must have the driver mod!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread