Test drove a Legacy 2.5 GT today.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I'm almost positive it'll be my next car.

Felt really fast for as little as I got on it. The shifter was as smooth as I've ever shifted and the clutch is really light. I chirped the tires pulling out onto the street. It likes to climb through the rpms pretty fast too. I never got into boost because it had 15 miles on it. It felt pretty solid in the turns too. The engine sits low by design so that cuts down on body roll.

It has a lot of creature comforts too. Dual climate control, MPG meter, trip time/distance, outside temp and all the other little crap I wish the Cobra had. I can also fit my more than one family member in it too.

I'll miss the Cobra for sure but I need a more practical car for less money so I can work less and finish my degree. 50-60 hours per week over ten years wears on you.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I drove a friends WRX, and compared to the S2000 I had at the time, the shifter and clutch were I'd say halfway between it(S2000) and the Cobra I have now..

I'll still take the clutch and shifter of the Cobra over that of the S2000 though(if I get that marvelous engine in the Cobra)

MusclePower1

Established Member
Legacy 2.5GT = $26-29K;

250-hp/250 tq, 2.5L turbo (STi engine w/ different turbo/intercooler, plus different heads, i believe)

I think it's a great looking family sedan, but i personally would spend a few more grand and set a spoilerless '05 STi in Crystal Grey (dark silver, new color for MY05):coolman:

im savin' up for either a brand new STi or Cobra (06/07, whatever it happens to come out as)...STi if im still in CT after college and Cobra if i move to FL......

Users who are viewing this thread