Test Drove 03 Cobra

ViciousJay

Established Member
hopefully hes not a salesman cuz they were a bunch of pricks to me, so i called there GM cuz i used to work for Laural Mercedes and i told him in writing that i would never purchuse nor recommened anyone to there dealership.

Last edited:

sonicblue2003

Established Member
i well look tom. on my way to work, right now he is a porter, on his way to becoming a tech. where at in lagrange do u live. I live in North riverisde by 26th and 1st ave. where do u normally hang.

JacobK

Established Member
i live right by westfield ford. Your name isnt Tom by the way is it? I know a guy named Tom with a sonic blue 03 cobra, i usually go to 159th and harlem when its nice, but im always up for meeting new people, i would love to check your car out sometime if you wouldnt mind taking me for a ride in it..haha
Jake

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
We're going to be having a dyno day at Sutton Ford in Matteson in March, I think [still finalizing the date. Last I heard was March 26]. Any of you guys want to meet the Chicago people, most of us will be there. The info is at www.chicagosvt.com

As far as the seat goes, there are extender rails available. Did you use all the adjustment controls? There are controls on the front and console side of the seat.

JacobK

Established Member
i used all of the controls, and i couldnt get enough room, but i am like 6'5 -6'6 but i am gonna consider the extender rails. I would love to come out to the dyno day, but i dont wanna be the only bow-tie there

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Yeah, was the seat all the way back? I let a friend of mine who is 6'5" 250 take my 03' for a spin and he liked it.

flyn high again

Established Member
I'm 6' 1" and don't have my seat all the way back. At 6' 6" you probably need the extender rails.

We're not picky about what car you have. Plenty of other cars and bikes have shown up at the get togethers. One guy with a Camaro saw us going by and followed us to a meeting and we were all drooling over his car. Anyone who enjoys quick cars is welcome. :beer:

JacobK

Established Member
oh ok cool..i will most likely be there..but ya i def had the seat back as far as it would go and it was rough driving it.

flyn high again

Established Member
I did a quick search and found that Kenny Brown does have the seat rails. Here's the thread that talks about them. http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=15747&highlight=seat+extender

You will also want the MGW shift handle [or an aftermarket shifter-or both]. I have that in my car and it let me move the shifter handle back about an inch so I don't hit the radio when going into third. Much more comfortable with the MGW handle.

Users who are viewing this thread