Test and tune set for wed 10/20

buckinwild

Established Member
Think I may go out there for this one, get some timeslips at least and maybe figure where I'm losing time and above all get some more practice. Will try to get some video's to post up if I can get wife or someone there to work the camera for me.

buckinwild

Established Member
Thanks, maybe I can get wife to video some passes too...Dunno how they'll turn out though, she's kinda one of them just point and click types:rolling:. She lacks mad camera skills but we'll see.

buckinwild

Established Member
Well here's how it went. The track was pretty crappy prepwise, moreso than usual at the midnite madness events. They said they put sticky down in just the left lane but I couldn't tell they'd done anything really. I'm not going back until I get some type of DR's or slicks. :nonono: The 3rd pass wasn't as bad but still. :nonono: Sorry wasn't able to get video's (we had a "I thought you charged the batteries moment":D)​
(

Monster Mach

Established Member
now your eights look like my shitty eights lol just wait a better launch and it will get better

buckinwild

Established Member
now your eights look like my shitty eights lol just wait a better launch and it will get better
Yea I'd almost give up a non critical bodily organ if I could just hold the throttle to the floor all the way down the track just one time. The way it is now its like "GO" spinning, pedal it, spinning still! pedal it again! hammer down, shift to 2nd, spinning pedal it, spinning tapers off, hooked, shift to 3rd "chirp" wind it out and across the line. I gotta be losing at least .3-.5 sec. from all this:cuss:

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
I would think so man, What are your mods again, MPH seems a touch low unless your BONE stock. Letting out hurts that some though. I am hoping to go very soon on my street tires. I hope I can somewhat hook lol.

I'm trying to get some MT's but worry about my 28 splines :)

buckinwild

Established Member
I would think so man, What are your mods again, MPH seems a touch low unless your BONE stock. Letting out hurts that some though. I am hoping to go very soon on my street tires. I hope I can somewhat hook lol.

I'm trying to get some MT's but worry about my 28 splines :)

Not heavily modded, K&N CAI, SLP CATTED X, DIABLO TUNER, STOCK CATBACK W/FLOW'S, HURST STS. Just using Diablo's out of the box tune, I did richen up the WOT fuel a bit to get the a/f ratio where i want it and I have the trac-control and top speed limiter disabled. I tinkered with the spark advance some but it didn't really seem to help that much so its on zero. In all honesty, alot of it is this track I've actually got better traction on the street in some cases, having DR's would help too. With a good launch and getting grip all the down I could see my car running mid to low 8's easily @ 85+ mph with the mods I have. I'm not gonna make any more passes until I get the tires/axles/gear, its gotten kinda frustrating at this point.

buckinwild

Established Member
What was your launching technique?
I usually nail it off idle feeling out the traction threshold then reduce throttle allowing it to hook and roll back into the throttle as it progresses most of the time. I have tried holding the rpms @ 3k and just dumping it, it'll spin alitte then I'll roll into the throttle that way too, not much difference in results actually this technique was slower if I remember correctly, the first technique usually gets the best results for me. I can find the traction/non traction threshold and keep it on the edge of that pretty good, its just my tires and this track creates a low traction threshold seems like and its different from lane to lane and one day to the next.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Not heavily modded, K&N CAI, SLP CATTED X, DIABLO TUNER, STOCK CATBACK W/FLOW'S, HURST STS. Just using Diablo's out of the box tune, I did richen up the WOT fuel a bit to get the a/f ratio where i want it and I have the trac-control and top speed limiter disabled. I tinkered with the spark advance some but it didn't really seem to help that much so its on zero. In all honesty, alot of it is this track I've actually got better traction on the street in some cases, having DR's would help too. With a good launch and getting grip all the down I could see my car running mid to low 8's easily @ 85+ mph with the mods I have. I'm not gonna make any more passes until I get the tires/axles/gear, its gotten kinda frustrating at this point.

Keep us updated man!

Users who are viewing this thread