Terrible dyno numbers

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I just wanted to see what influences dyno numbers?

Best numbers: 689 hp/ 696 tq mileage 13k miles; mods vmp tb, off road x, pulley

20k miles on 666 hp/ 695 tq only change JLT 123

35k miles, went to the dyno to get a race tune. Did a base hit 626 hp 630 tq.

Trying to figure out what's gone wrong. The tuner said it feels like a dead spot in the tire that the car had a wobble to it. I had the gears and driveshaft repaired under warranty. (Stock gears)

What in the rear end might cause a drastic change at the dyno? The wobble went away at higher speeds so o doubt it's an axle. Open to any or all ideas of what might be causing this.

Thanks

Brickell gt500

Established Member
Got beat recently by a tuned 2015 M3 and a 997 TT. Both cars I could have slaughtered when I had the first run. I walked away from a 997 TTS with the same mods. This time a big L.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
How do the plugs look?
Any oil consumption?
Where is the tensioner tab located with engine off?
Vaccum lines all connected good and tight?

Just some basics before you freak out.

Softballer77

Established Member
Do you have any catch cans? If you don't and are getting oil up in there and into the intercooler, you can have a loss in power. Can you post a picture of the dyno sheet?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
So you definitely feel a loss of power? No chance it could be something going on with the Dyno? The fact that the best run was in Aug and the worst in Dec makes the situation even more concerning.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
What belt are you running? When was the last time you had it changed out?

You're getting great inputs from the replies. How many miles on said belt?

My stock belt is slipping after 14K miles on stock pullies and stock boost. If you're pullied and have more than 8-10K miles since pulley you need a fresh belt.

tvspower

Established Member
OP Did you lose the last races at the launch, mid run or top end? Clutch problem?

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I don't believe their was a reflash. Ford didn't provide me with the receipts. They basically said I don't get them since its warranty work. Can a bad axle bearing be a culprit? Bad installation of the gears? Too tight?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If may not be feeling like the clutch is shipping, but it's very possible it's just not holding as good as it used to, I noticed a difference when I went to my Spec SS clutch. Also Invest in a gates blue belt from Van and do a leak down test just to insure everything is happy. I highly doubt you could have hurt the pistons. Also make sure your plugs are in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread