american racing long tubes
american racing O/R X
mac catback
Cai
all bushings done in rear

we were dead even on 40 roll races :??:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
thats not surprising at all. you have similar mods and there are alot of factors involved.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
stock for stock each cobra has a different hp number.

i've seen as low as 360 to as high as 385 rwhp... and when both of your cars are close in mods like redfireSVT said... even something like how much gas to what kind of tires. or even if your windows are up or down can make the difference.

only one thing you can do at this point! get more mods!

Jroc

Established Member
All Cobra's aren't going to dyno the same, with the same mods. Some are just stronger runners than others. I know a guy who made over 30 less hp than mine on the same dyno with similar mods running a 2.8, and I run a 2.93.

Jefe

Established Member
You raced 40 times from a roll???? Wow......

:lol:

I ran into my twin today. Says he has a 2.93 pulley and full exhaust. I pulled on him up to 50mph

He was in 3rd gear and I was in 2nd :rolling:

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
me and a buddy of mine raced and here are the mods:
my car:
2.93 pully
borla catback
k&n CAI

his car:
2.6 pully
american racing long tubes
american racing O/R X
mac catback
Cai
all bushings done in rear

we were dead even on 40 roll races :??:

My opinion is this...
The 2.93 produces the most efficent power on these cars. The 2.6 on his car is producing more heat thus the car in turn removes timing. So his other mods are helping him but not enough to overcome the heat.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I would think the car with full exhaust would be a little stronger? :shrug:

G04cobra

Established Member
doesn't the car with the o/r midpipe lose boost as well from lack of back pressure? that might factor in along with the heat as mentioned above.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
My opinion is this...
The 2.93 produces the most efficent power on these cars. The 2.6 on his car is producing more heat thus the car in turn removes timing. So his other mods are helping him but not enough to overcome the heat.

I was thinking the same thing. A 2.6 on a non-ported blower is pointless. That car was probably super heat soaked! You two get a port on the superchargers and you will probably have a different story

doesn't the car with the o/r midpipe lose boost as well from lack of back pressure? that might factor in along with the heat as mentioned above.

Yes, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Even with less boost, the car could still put down the same horsepower as someone with more boost. It's all about functionality
My car (because of side exhaust) puts out a touch over 16lbs of boost with a 2.8. A whipple with 1 more pound of boost would kick my ass, and probably put down more than 100 hp more than I would. Just a much better supercharger.

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Like was said alot of variables on the street but I know first hand that a good running 2.6 -2.8 pulley car will walk off on a good running 2.93 car , been through this several times making the playing field as even as possible with 3rd and 4th gear pulls thus eliminating shifting inconsistencies.

Users who are viewing this thread