Terminator vs GTO?

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
whats good fellas im still on the road to getting my termy soon but i havent found the thread with this discussion yet..... im siure its here just havent come across it yet but anywho my best friend has an 06 GTO.... im the ford guy... so whats better why? mods and no mods??? he says even his forum is better cause there are so many previous termy owners who converted to goats. whats the verdict??? any previous goat owners should have a lot of knowledge on the subject. lets hear it!!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
i wanna say you get more power per dollar out of the cobra.......450 bucks will get you 450 at the tire...pully and a tune....to get that kind of power out of a gto you need nitrous or a couple grand......but its still a bad ass car.....dont see me going to the dark side anytime soon.....good luck on getting your cobra

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Obviously its going to be biased on this site. But it all depends on the mods done and driver skill. I've straight up embarrased a few goats, but im modded.

6.0GTO

Established Member
In almost every way I can think of the Cobra drivetrain is superior to the GTO's. With the ease of modding the Cobra I would guess 7 out of 10 Cobras are the quicker of the two cars. GTO's can keep up but we have to spend more but the aftermarket for the LS series engines is of decent size. Those parts we need are available.

Come down to taste too. I chose the GTO back in 05 even though I knew I would
be at a disadvantage. In the end the GTO was a reasonable alternative to the Cobra.

txyaloo

Established Member
03/04 Cobra is the way to go if you just want raw power. To make quick power, mods are cheap. That's what happens with a factory FI car with a good bottom end. The GTO has decent power but a much nicer interior. Mods are fairly plentiful, but expensive since you can't just change a ~$100 pulley used and pick up lots of power. I also like the fact that they're fairly rare.

As far as forums, the GTO forums suck. SVTP is so much better.

And a big +65000 to not calling it a termy or termi. That's the gayest of gay.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
03/04 Cobra is the way to go if you just want raw power. To make quick power, mods are cheap. That's what happens with a factory FI car with a good bottom end. The GTO has decent power but a much nicer interior. Mods are fairly plentiful, but expensive since you can't just change a ~$100 pulley used and pick up lots of power. I also like the fact that they're fairly rare.

As far as forums, the GTO forums suck. SVTP is so much better.

And a big +65000 to not calling it a termy or termi. That's the gayest of gay.

couldnt say it any better...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I looked at getting a GTO for a DD, but I lost the argument for it with trunk size. WTF! My arguement was the Shelby will be my weekend hot rod, the L because you always need a truck, and the GTO to get back and forth to work and for taking trips to Florida. I lost that because the trunk makes a 03/04 Cobras look huge. So I ended up with a fuggin Saturn Vue.:shrug: Oh well it gets 26mpg and the cargo space is great. But a Cobra is superior in every way except interior.

Zentenk

Established Member
Interior and MPG = GTO > CObra... get Kooks headers and straightpipes you will beat stock Cobra.

Termies will just give you a boner everytime you step on it, so if you don't want a boner every time you get out of your car get a GTO.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
all statements above are true. i have both cars in question. the GTO is roughly 80 or so pounds heavier. my cobra laid down 368 rwhp bone stock if i recall. my M6 LS2 GTO laid down 344rwhp with a catback and intake---then 375 with a tune. cobra is much cheaper to modify.

GTO makes a better daily driver--25mpg on the freeway at 70mph, more comfortable interior, smoother ride.

cobra makes a better weekend toy

txyaloo

Established Member
I looked at getting a GTO for a DD, but I lost the argument for it with trunk size. WTF! My arguement was the Shelby will be my weekend hot rod, the L because you always need a truck, and the GTO to get back and forth to work and for taking trips to Florida. I lost that because the trunk makes a 03/04 Cobras look huge. So I ended up with a fuggin Saturn Vue.:shrug: Oh well it gets 26mpg and the cargo space is great. But a Cobra is superior in every way except interior.

That's what happens when GM puts the ****ing gas tank in the trunk. So freaking stupid. There is plenty of room under the car, and it would actually have a huge trunk if the tank were relocated.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
That's what happens when GM puts the ****ing gas tank in the trunk. So freaking stupid. There is plenty of room under the car, and it would actually have a huge trunk if the tank were relocated.

big +1. the trunk is retardedly small, and there's enough room behind the rear pumpkin to store a whole family of mexicans--can't understand why the tank was put in the trunk. the front seats are also wide as hell, and don't scoot forward far enough to fit large items in the backseat. i've been unpleasantly surprised at least twice when buying what i consider a normal sized item at a store, only to find it not fit in the car. rear seats are amazingly comfortable though

txyaloo

Established Member
big +1. the trunk is retardedly small, and there's enough room behind the rear pumpkin to store a whole family of mexicans--can't understand why the tank was put in the trunk. the front seats are also wide as hell, and don't scoot forward far enough to fit large items in the backseat. i've been unpleasantly surprised at least twice when buying what i consider a normal sized item at a store, only to find it not fit in the car. rear seats are amazingly comfortable though

Supposedly it was due to "safety" issues. The 04 Monaro's still had the tanks under the car, but the GTO got it in the trunk. In 05, the Monaro got the tank in the trunk too. I've seen some people on the GTO forums that deleted the spare tire well and put a fuel cell in, and others that suggested a Catera tank would fit, but none seem to be good solutions.

It's really quite unfortunate. The car needs a damn trunk and fold down rear seats.

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
damn def good info on the 2 cars. goats look nice as hell but i just think the terminator has this stance like no other car besides the power it has and is capable of. thanks for all the feedback.... and def sorry for calling it termy... ive seen it a lot on this forum and was just using it to be lazy lol no homo intended.

txyaloo

Established Member
damn def good info on the 2 cars. goats look nice as hell but i just think the terminator has this stance like no other car besides the power it has and is capable of. thanks for all the feedback.... and def sorry for calling it termy... ive seen it a lot on this forum and was just using it to be lazy lol no homo intended.

All the homos say it. So it was definitely homo.

While Cobra's look great, I think the GTO can match it. It just takes some money.

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

SDC10158.jpg

SDC10197.jpg

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
my GTO has been a great car. ls2s will make plenty of power NA if you choose to go that way. theres FI setups too and you can probably get them cheaper right now too.

mine is for sale. :D

Users who are viewing this thread