Terminator vs 06 Z06

s_x_i

Established Member
What will it take for me to beat my buddy, I have an 03 with a bunch of bolt ons and the eaton is maxed out. Will I beat him with a Kenne Bell? Right now he pulls a couple of cars on me he has an intake and tune. Any thoughts?

That Z06 is one bad M'fkr!

:bowdown:

Oh yeah, 479/550 tuned Friday by HPP

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
He has some nice freakin' power.

What do you mean by maxed out? If you are maxed out, you should be pushing more power, and only ahve to worry about putting her on a diet..LOL

redfire03 svt

Established Member
get the eaton ported and throw a lower pulley on their and you should be around 500/520 at the wheels and then some weight reduction and you should be there.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
No...ET time doesn't determine who will win on a highway roll... Trap time does. And the Z06 traps 127 stock. So in order to even be EVEN with a Z06 you need to be pushing at least 600/600rwhp/tq. If you're on the Eaton... then get a 150 Shot or just go with a 19lb KB or Whipple. Remember Z06 weighs like 3100lbs a Cobra weighs 3600+ the cobra is just at a big disadvantage against a C6 Z06..

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
ported eaton, lower pulley, 100 shot :D You are gonna need to keep the weight in the rear suspention to keep it from spinning... I keep my spare tire for that and did upgrades on my IRS... you can also change the k-member for a light one...
I guess if $$$ is not a problem... get a whipple and wip his as$! :D

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
yea ported eaton and a buck shot will pull doors on that z06..
you could always blowzilla and a buck shot.. then you'd pull cars off it :)

C6 Z06

Established Member
S.V.T. said:
yea ported eaton and a buck shot will pull doors on that z06..
you could always blowzilla and a buck shot.. then you'd pull cars off it :)

Unless the Z is modded also!! :-D I think at the price the car is selling for though, most guys buying the car are using them for a dick extension!!!:lol1:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Unless the Z is modded also!! :-D I think at the price the car is selling for though, most guys buying the car are using them for a dick extension!!!:lol1:
Seems like they're selling pretty close to MSRP at this point.
People were nuts to pay over MSRP for the '06 cars.
S.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Snorman said:
Seems like they're selling pretty close to MSRP at this point.
People were nuts to pay over MSRP for the '06 cars.
S.

What's up Snor, I have not seen you post much lately. True that. I would not pay over sticker ever. It's actually hard for me even to justify MSRP. I want the SC vette if it hits the market for 08 or 09, but the $100K sticker makes me want to look at other options. It's still a GM product! :beer:

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
:lol:
Sorry I missed you Friday at the track...work sucks.:rollseyes

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
you will need at least 550rwhp to be even with a stock one... i'm 99.9% sure
seen to many videos on this :)

StangJason

Established Member
Go with a nice single or turbo setup then bulk up your IRS and you'll be able beat him on low setting of boost and then toy with him on high boost.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah ported blower might get u close to a stocker....but a KB or whipple..or ported eaton on spray will be necessary to comfortably get one. 600whp is realy nice to have

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
StangJason said:
Go with a nice single or turbo setup then bulk up your IRS and you'll be able beat him on low setting of boost and then toy with him on high boost.
untill he H/C or sprays then your SOL.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:

I'd like to extend my dick with one!!!

Smokinlx

Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
No...ET time doesn't determine who will win on a highway roll... Trap time does. And the Z06 traps 127 stock. So in order to even be EVEN with a Z06 you need to be pushing at least 600/600rwhp/tq. If you're on the Eaton... then get a 150 Shot or just go with a 19lb KB or Whipple. Remember Z06 weighs like 3100lbs a Cobra weighs 3600+ the cobra is just at a big disadvantage against a C6 Z06..

Who said anything about a highway roll? He did'nt mention where He was going to race Him so I thought they were talking about a real race from a stop. If He has an intake and a tune You better be planning on low 11's to take care of Him at the strip. Just put the shot on there and You should take Him.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Smokinlx said:
Who said anything about a highway roll? He did'nt mention where He was going to race Him so I thought they were talking about a real race from a stop. If He has an intake and a tune You better be planning on low 11's to take care of Him at the strip. Just put the shot on there and You should take Him.

you see... I have the combo (ported eaton and shot) that COULD beat a stock ZO6 but what the shot also gives you is INSANE torque... 1st gear is non existent from a dig... and from a roll it goes sideways and you kinda have to feather it into 2nd... the vette be gone by the time you hook... Ill suggest to set up the shot off 2nd gear and bypass 1st....

Users who are viewing this thread