Terminator Video's

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I see he had more mph in the 1/8 mile. Do y'all have different gears in the rear? I know I mph less in the 1/8 than some cars that I'm faster than in the 1/4, but I have 3.90 gears and shift 4th right before the 1/8 with a 26" tire. That extra shift hurts my 1/8 mph.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I see he had more mph in the 1/8 mile. Do y'all have different gears in the rear? I know I mph less in the 1/8 than some cars that I'm faster than in the 1/4, but I have 3.90 gears and shift 4th right before the 1/8 with a 26" tire. That extra shift hurts my 1/8 mph.
I'm in the same boat. I have a Viper spec, with 4.10's on a 28" tire, and I shift right before the 1/8 mile beams. When I have raced the 1/8 mile only in the past, and hold it in third through the traps, I usually trap around 104.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
That's like me too. Since I've been running a 27" Hoosier I can go throught the 1/8 in 3rd. I'll be running a 28x10.5 soon, I hope it don't slow my car down.

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member
What track are you running at FORCE FED? You need to come down to SDR or Twiggs and play with us.

Thanks for the invite! It's Steele AL, It's the closest 1/4 mile track for me. I've been to Silver Dollar a few times, once with the coupe getting my NHRA licenses. Def a bunch of nice guys running the track down there. I haven't been to Twigs. I'll try and find some time this fall and give you guys a shout and come back down to meet everyone. I'm planning on being at NMRA Bowling Green the 1st weekend of Oct. running the coupe in Wild Street, if any of you are going stop by and shoot my a bird or something!:beer:

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member

I've been thinking about swapping the stock 3.55 for a lower gear, but can't make my mind up on which to go with 3.90 or 4.10. I'm still running the IRS with level 2 half shafts and have been a little reluctant to open the pumpkin. I've almost got 5,600 miles on the car and I was thinking of waiting until I get atleast 6,000 on it before I swapped gears so as to not void my warranty!J/K:-D Once I get done with the coupe (if I really ever will be) I'm planning on a tubular K-member/coilovers for the Cobra, but I'll prolly leave it IRS.:) I know the solid axle helps on the weight, but I built the coupe as my straight line car and the Cobra is my nice weekend/vacation cruiser!;-)

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks for the invite! It's Steele AL, It's the closest 1/4 mile track for me. I've been to Silver Dollar a few times, once with the coupe getting my NHRA licenses. Def a bunch of nice guys running the track down there. I haven't been to Twigs. I'll try and find some time this fall and give you guys a shout and come back down to meet everyone. I'm planning on being at NMRA Bowling Green the 1st weekend of Oct. running the coupe in Wild Street, if any of you are going stop by and shoot my a bird or something!:beer:
Hit me up anytime you're coming this way, we're at the track about every weekend. Your coupe would probably be a pretty good money making grudge car down this way. I'll be taking the cobra to MIR for the cobra shootout on Oct 11th. I know it's alot of traveling, but it be cool if you could make it.
I've been thinking about swapping the stock 3.55 for a lower gear, but can't make my mind up on which to go with 3.90 or 4.10. I'm still running the IRS with level 2 half shafts and have been a little reluctant to open the pumpkin. I've almost got 5,600 miles on the car and I was thinking of waiting until I get atleast 6,000 on it before I swapped gears so as to not void my warranty!J/K:-D Once I get done with the coupe (if I really ever will be) I'm planning on a tubular K-member/coilovers for the Cobra, but I'll prolly leave it IRS.:) I know the solid axle helps on the weight, but I built the coupe as my straight line car and the Cobra is my nice weekend/vacation cruiser!;-)
I probably wouldn't fool with the gear either in your case, especially with the power yours makes. Mine don't make near that kinda power so I need all the help I can get. I don't miss my irs though.

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member
Hit me up anytime you're coming this way, we're at the track about every weekend. Your coupe would probably be a pretty good money making grudge car down this way. I'll be taking the cobra to MIR for the cobra shootout on Oct 11th. I know it's alot of traveling, but it be cool if you could make it.

Sounds good, I'll give you a shout when I can head down to SDR! Prolly want be able to make the MIR cobra shootout due to just getting back from the NMRA BG race from the previous weekend (I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and a 14 month old son, so it's hard to find much time for all day/weekend trips without putting the wife in a bind when there that close together). I have a couple other friends with 03/04 Cobra's that are quicker than mine and one with a twin turbo C5 FRC that I'll try and bring down as well.

I probably wouldn't fool with the gear either in your case, especially with the power yours makes. Mine don't make near that kinda power so I need all the help I can get. I don't miss my irs though.

I didn't mean to come off as a butt in that post and meant no disrespect to those that have swapped to solid axle or have performed weight reductions to their cobras.:( That's what is bad about reading someone's post and not hearing/seeing the person speak I guess. I was just trying to explain that the cobra is a low miles, stock geared, bolt-ons car, and full weight (besides the Bogarts). As far as the power, we all know how dyno queens are and the true test of power/weight is your et's/mph (which depends a lot on the driver). I know there are plenty of less powered lighter cobras out there that will walk mine without a problem. I just choose to make the coupe my race/street car and the cobra my family cruiser that I sometimes have fun at the track with. If I was to sell the coupe and get serious with the cobra, I would prolly swap to a solid axle too and stuff the IRS away in storage. Again, sorry if I came off sounding like an azz!:shrug: I haven't posted on here much and I'm just trying to make sure that everyone knows my cars setup, I'm not trying to make a name for myself. I owe everything I have (my life, my health, and all that I have been blessed with) to my God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! These cars are His toys, I just get to hold the titles for a little while.:rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Sounds good, I'll give you a shout when I can head down to SDR! Prolly want be able to make the MIR cobra shootout due to just getting back from the NMRA BG race from the previous weekend (I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and a 14 month old son, so it's hard to find much time for all day/weekend trips without putting the wife in a bind when there that close together). I have a couple other friends with 03/04 Cobra's that are quicker than mine and one with a twin turbo C5 FRC that I'll try and bring down as well.

I didn't mean to come off as a butt in that post and meant no disrespect to those that have swapped to solid axle or have performed weight reductions to their cobras.:( That's what is bad about reading someone's post and not hearing/seeing the person speak I guess. I was just trying to explain that the cobra is a low miles, stock geared, bolt-ons car, and full weight (besides the Bogarts). As far as the power, we all know how dyno queens are and the true test of power/weight is your et's/mph (which depends a lot on the driver). I know there are plenty of less powered lighter cobras out there that will walk mine without a problem. I just choose to make the coupe my race/street car and the cobra my family cruiser that I sometimes have fun at the track with. If I was to sell the coupe and get serious with the cobra, I would prolly swap to a solid axle too and stuff the IRS away in storage. Again, sorry if I came off sounding like an azz!:shrug: I haven't posted on here much and I'm just trying to make sure that everyone knows my cars setup, I'm not trying to make a name for myself. I owe everything I have (my life, my health, and all that I have been blessed with) to my God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! These cars are His toys, I just get to hold the titles for a little while.:rockon:

Sound good man, I'd love to see some different cars come down this way.

I didn't think you came off sounding like an azz at all.:thumbsup:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
my newest editon for the racing section!

pullied, full bolt on, geared gt500 .. vs .. ported/pullied/full bolt on/geared 03

th_AdamVSCody.jpg

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2lQbIS3Ks"]YouTube - cobra and corvette's Making some noise[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSjA6UYg9A"]YouTube - 03 cobra's at track[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pCSqnPvtEo"]YouTube - 03 SVT Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

willis1998

willis
Established Member
wow thanks alot i was goin to bed 2 hours ago when i ran into these videos but i guess it was worth it.....ill have 2 finish watching them when i get home tommro thats a sweet ass mustang the snake one black ive seen that video 14 times and it still intertaining

Users who are viewing this thread