Terminator Swap

lastdeployment

Established Member
Thanks! It's coming along. Should have the engine bay cleaned up and ready to accept the engine this week sometime. New bumper support and heat exchanger should be mocked up as well.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Wow the swap is coming along nicely! Good work brotha.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Thanks Busta! Have to do some troubleshooting on the electrical stuff. Looks like there is something going on with the passenger headlight and both tails. Passenger light just barely comes on and neither of the tails are coming on.

Chirp5957

Established Member
electrical problems are not fun...i bought a totaled out sn95 termi swap last winter and i still dont have the thing pieced together...issues with IAC, intercooler pumps ect ect ect :cuss:

yours looks to be coming alone nice and smooth though! looks awesome!

lastdeployment

Established Member
Thanks. Found what I believe to be all of the electrical gremlins last night. 1 loose ground in the trunk and 1 loose ground on passenger side of core support. Headlights and tail lights are working great now. We did somehow manage to lose the amp connector for the stereo head unit though... I'm guessing it's tangled in the harness behind the dash somewhere. Just hoping the dash doesn't need to come out to get it.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
very cool project, I once considered this route myself but figured it costs likely more in labor just to swap all that over than just switching to C-heads and upgrading from there and adding a blower. Very cool.

lastdeployment

Established Member
I got very lucky with the Terminator setup and the location to do the swap. I've had help the whole way getting this done...
My car has been taking up his garage and lift since December.

redrocket16

Established Member
I got very lucky with the Terminator setup and the location to do the swap. I've had help the whole way getting this done...
My car has been taking up his garage and lift since December.

Mine's been down for this swap off/on since November... It should be at the end of the process of mine though so I am getting excited for that moment.

lastdeployment

Established Member
I think mine is pretty close to being wrapped up as well. Once we get the IRS out, the brake lines can be riveted up in place and the fuel lines can be put it. Then it's time for some QA work to make sure the bolts are tight and everything is working correctly.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I drove mine a few days a go just to blow out some cobwebs. You are going to love it!
Its such a good feeling when people ask you who did all the work & you can answer I DID.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Jason is the one that helped correct? He has a nice setup in his garage. I hope to see your car in person at one of the MACA events if I can get my car running.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Yes, Jason is pushing me along through this. I would not have even considered doing this on my own. Having the use of his garage, time, and knowledge has been the only reason I've been able to get this far with it... It's getting close and I'm chomping at the bit to start it up.
Still thinking about some 03-04 front seats, and eventually some new wheels too.

The idea of it being a sleeper are long gone though. Between the Mac ProChamber and the Borla Stingers, she won't be quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread