Terminator Swap

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
So......did you dyno this thing or what??????? Curious minds want to know when, where, and what numbers. Also, I'd like a an idea of how easily I'll walk around you in the passing lane with the little 'ol Tiredbird. :burnout:

lastdeployment

Established Member
It's been a while since I've updated this and since Joe is asking....

She hit the dyno a couple weeks ago. Put down 430/430 with the belt slipping from 4200 on up. Getting a different belt and changing the out the lower pulley, then she'll be back on the dyno. Car feels great driving, total night and day from the old stock 97 stuff.
Minor stuff that needs to be fixed is creaking interior panels, vibrating clutch pedal, and trying to figure out why it shakes like crazy at 100mph.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
It's been a while since I've updated this and since Joe is asking....

She hit the dyno a couple weeks ago. Put down 430/430 with the belt slipping from 4200 on up. Getting a different belt and changing the out the lower pulley, then she'll be back on the dyno. Car feels great driving, total night and day from the old stock 97 stuff.
Minor stuff that needs to be fixed is creaking interior panels, vibrating clutch pedal, and trying to figure out why it shakes like crazy at 100mph.

You can fix that shake by moving on to 120 MPH:-D. It's cool to see the car putting down torque comparable / equal to the HP. Should make for a great driver with useable power everywhere. I'd love to see what the power curve looks like. She'll be a real joy once the belt is squared away.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Well?????

C'mon Chris, give us the update! What happened after the re-tune and what did she dyno? Did you get a new belt?

lastdeployment

Established Member
Nothing to update... It all costs money and I don't have it right now. I need to order a Gatorback belt because the others I've tried just squeal so loud it makes driving the car embarrassing. Still need to get the money to put it back on the dyno as well, once I get the belt replaced.

Why Try

Established Member
Do you have a part number or belt size for the gatorback you need? I have a few laying around. Maybe luck will be on your side.

Users who are viewing this thread