Terminator Strut Tower Brace for Vert ?s

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Looking to stiffen up the vert. I am going with welded in FLSFCs and figured that a strut tower brace would help as well. I was wondering what some of you have gone with. I see that Steeda, Maxuimum Motorsports, and Kenny Brown make braces for the 03-04 Cobras. Thoughts on 2 point vs 3 point? Install difficulties? Post up some pics as well. Thanks.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have had both a Steeda (came with my car), then most recently I bought the MM one. I went with the MM, because they are the only ones that make a bar that will clear Whipple, and KB blowers. The advantage of that model is that it also provides room for aftermarket intake setups, where most will only clear the stock plastic pipe. I nam running a stage 5 Eaton, but since I have the Dragon TB/plenum, there was no chance of the Steeda fitting, even though I had already altered it once before for another aftermarket intake tube. Now, I won't have to change it again if/when I go twin screw. I would only recommend going with the 3 point type, as the 2 is pretty useless. The 3 point will tie the towers into the firewall for added rigidity. As for the install, it is not really fun, I'm not gonna lie.

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
I have had both a Steeda (came with my car), then most recently I bought the MM one. I went with the MM, because they are the only ones that make a bar that will clear Whipple, and KB blowers. The advantage of that model is that it also provides room for aftermarket intake setups, where most will only clear the stock plastic pipe. I nam running a stage 5 Eaton, but since I have the Dragon TB/plenum, there was no chance of the Steeda fitting, even though I had already altered it once before for another aftermarket intake tube. Now, I won't have to change it again if/when I go twin screw. I would only recommend going with the 3 point type, as the 2 is pretty useless. The 3 point will tie the towers into the firewall for added rigidity. As for the install, it is not really fun, I'm not gonna lie.

Thanks- those are good points to consider. I figured the 3 point would be the way to go. I currently have the Eaton w/ a Steeda cai that I went with because of clearance concerns w/ the strut tower brace.

greengt88

Established Member
yep get the MM one designed for TS's---MM STB8....it'll fit either eaton or TS... i called MM to confirm that...why would u want to have to buy 2 anyway....just get that one then you are set...it fits w/ their C/C plates as well...not sure on fitment with other brand C/C plates though.....I hope to be getting one soon, but want to wait til I get another whipple to put it on....it's like icing on the cake....should help alot in a Vert....not as much in a coupe...get a rear brace as well since u have a Vert. there is a Thread i started on that topic a page or 2 back....good info and pics..

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I have both front and rear braces from kenny brown.

Great pieces...but as stated before I'm running factory intake because others wouldn't fit with a accufab plenum and billetflow throttle body...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Forgot about the Kenny Brown brace, it is actually a pretty nice piece. The good thing about it is that you don't have to drill in to the strut towers since it mounts under the strut plates. Of course you have to take them apart to do the job (not sure if the stock mounts are compatible), and if you move them, you may need another alignment. Otherwise, it is decent too.

Strut Tower Brace '03-'04 Cobra | Shop Kenny Brown

Last edited:

D3 Racing

Freak Show
Established Member
Here is my final Stifflers install, it clears my Accufab TB and Plenum with Nitrous plate and the JLT CAI, it also clears the Eaton by 5/8", not sure the exact size difference from an Eaton to the Whipple or KB, but when we measured hood clearance with clay it was less than an 1/8" so anymore clearance would require a thinner bar.

100_1178.jpg

I also thought Kenny Brown was done "closed"? Doesn't look like the site has been updated in a year.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Here is my final Stifflers install, it clears my Accufab TB and Plenum with Nitrous plate and the JLT CAI, it also clears the Eaton by 5/8", not sure the exact size difference from an Eaton to the Whipple or KB, but when we measured hood clearance with clay it was less than an 1/8" so anymore clearance would require a thinner bar.

100_1178.jpg

I also thought Kenny Brown was done "closed"? Doesn't look like the site has been updated in a year.

Does that bar have the CC plates integrated into it?:??: I looks a lot like the MM bar, except for how it mounts on the top of the towers. Looks like a nice bar, but seems like it would be a pain when doing the alignment.:shrug:

D3 Racing

Freak Show
Established Member
Does that bar have the CC plates integrated into it?:??: I looks a lot like the MM bar, except for how it mounts on the top of the towers. Looks like a nice bar, but seems like it would be a pain when doing the alignment.:shrug:

The C/C Plates mount underneth, they are Anthony Jones' new-style, I havn't had it aligned yet since I am going to pull the bar and have it finished with a more chrome finish, but you can see the 1/2" opening in the C/C plate, so insert your breaker bar and twist away.

IMG00400.jpg

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I have the MM and am happy with it.. Install is straight forward.

- gl

Users who are viewing this thread