Terminator owners Help please

Brantner

Established Member
I am fairly new to the boards and have been trying to soak up as much info as possible before I get my new 03 cobra. (31 days left and counting :D :beer: )

I live in Oklahoma, and I am pretty new to modding something that isnt a 2002-2003 cougar. I am wondering if anyone here knows a "one-stop-shop" in maybe Tulsa or Oklahoma City, that I can get all the mods and have them installed for me.

Sorry if the question has been asked or has come up before.

Thanx in advance. -Ryan-

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
So, you're researching mods for a car you won't have for a month?!

That's some serious forward thinking!

I've got nothing in that area, but for order of mods, you'd best get rid of the stock airbox, that you can do yourself. This mod's worth more than 30 HP in most cases, and costs ~$100 (give or take). A big open filter is one of the best, mine's for a Lightning truck, but it fits (you've got to push some, admittedly). PM for details.

Next in line would be the catback. Lots of choices there, they can make up to 20HP, depending. You can do this yourself too, the IRS makes a catback install a snap.

Then there's the pulley and retune. Worth 50 to 70 horses. You must have a shop with a dyno do this one. From here, any more mods need tuning, the next step would be a replacement supercharger or nitrous.

Next mods would be driver training courses and track time!!

Buy the Ford service manuals here http://www.helminc.com if you want them, they're a good thing to have.

Great car, and good luck!

Last edited:

Brantner

Established Member
Eaton: Thank you VERY much for the help, is that the 14" you are talking about for the airbox? I have heard a few people talking about that. any info on where to get it?

I am not soo good when it comes to installing parts (ashamed but I am still getting the hang of this kinda stuff) How much is the catback? and where can I get that?

the Pully and Retune is where it gets REAL shiffty for me, what pully would you recomend? 2.8? and who would I go to to get that installed?

for the chip....... that confuses me.... I will get a predator chip (sence I have heard good things about it) and I am not sure about the tune. When I get it Dyno'd will the tune the pully and the chip for me? or is that a whole diffrent source I have to go through?

I would hold off on the replacement SC for a few months but do know I want a Vortech.

So for those 4 things, how much will that cost do you think, with labor on the pully and chip?

Thank you again for all the help man. I REALLY appreciate it!

-Ryan-

P.S Yes I am doing ALOT of forward thinking cause I want to start mods on it the next day (sence I will have the money and dont want to blow it on other un-needed stuff)

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Creitz Automotive
8150 E 46
622-0043

I don't think you're going to find a "one stop shop" in this area. Creitz can do the motor mods, and I think he has a chip guy he uses.

Do the cat-backs yourself. No brainer.

Just a dumb question on my part...if you're going to replace the SC in a few months, why not wait & do everything at once? Otherwise you'll be paying for two of some things (chip, tune, dyno...). None of my business.

As far as pricing, let your browser do the walking.

I know a good mechanic in Glenpool. Private shop, Ford certified, owns an 03 snake and a Lightning.

I have quite a bit of info on mods. Happy to share.
I live in Jenks. Send me a PM with your phone # and/or your e-mail address.

Brantner

Established Member
OldNFast: Thank you for your info.... I will get ahold of you.

Are the cats really that easy to do? (sorry I have always payed for installs and it's just costing too much, gotta learn to do it myself)

I wont have the money for the Vortech for a few months, but I want to start moding the day after I get it. I dont mind paying for the tune/dyno/chip again REALLY......)

Thanx for the info on Creitz I will call them up after I get back from church and see what they got going on. They can order all the parts correct?

Where is the nearest Dyno?

you can email me @ [email protected] Thanx again

-Ryan-

P.S. you guys got a GOOD basketball team (highschool)

fr03cobra

Established Member
vortech does not make a s/c for the 03. It's either turbo,whipple, kenne bell or procharger.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Brantner, I too had never worked on a car until I got my first mustang at 18. Had a friend show me how to do the catback/midpipe/headers and bolt on stuff and got to tell you, it's so easy and fun to do, unless it's a technical trade only deal such as tuning, I do all that I can myself. Who's gonna do a better job, the pro who doesn't want to be at work and could care less about mustangs or the guy who's working on his own car. Exhaust and intake are definately a do it yourselfer. What you would pay for the install you could spend on proper tools and jack stands. All kits I have seen have great install pics and instructs.

Users who are viewing this thread